“Above & Beyond!”

Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport)
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Saugus
Maine, United States
“Above & Beyond!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

We stayed here before & after our trip to New Orleans. The shuttle to and from the airport is a blessing--love the park & fly! But I have to mention the incredible treatment we got from the staff. Our second--and last--night there we wanted to try something new for dinner (after doing the obligatory Hilltop Steak House visit--I'd never been). The young lady at the front desk helpfully suggested another steak house nearby. When we asked for a cab, one of the shuttle drivers--Dave--overheard us and graciously offered to drop us off & pick us up after our meal. We were extremely impressed with their friendliness and willingness to help!

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter--we stayed on 2nd floor the first night and 1st floor the second night.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
HIExpressSaugus, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport), responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Thank you so much for your review! We are very glad that you enjoyed our popular park & fly option. Also, that our staff was very helpful in assisting you with your stay especially since you didn’t have to pay for a cab to the restaurant. I will also let our staff know how helpful they were to you as well.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Thai first
Central Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice, both times on the way to the airport. The most recent time was in December 2011. I parked my car here for a week, and took the free shuttle to catch a very early flight. Parking is reasonably priced when you stay at the hotel, and I felt safe leaving my car in their lot.

The staff is very experienced with helping you catch your flight. Wake-up calls and the airport shuttle are totally reliable.

When I arrived at midnight on my return trip, I called up the hotel and the shuttle was there by the time I picked up my luggage. I was in bed within an hour of landing at Logan!

As usual with this chain, the rooms were immaculate, comfortable and quiet.

My one wish: a restaurant within walking distance of the hotel. The limited-access scary Boston-type road that the hotel is on is pretty daunting at rush hour if you aren't used to that kind of driving. But oh well, you can't have everything!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
HIExpressSaugus, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport), responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Thank you so much for your review! The park and fly package is one of our great features especially since it is so much cheaper than parking the car at the airport. Our garage also is great as well and we are very happy that you felt safe leaving your car here for a week. Our staff works really hard to keep these rooms immaculate.
KANATA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

I spent this Easter Weekend with my wife and 2 teenage kids. I was attending the an event at the TD Garden and they came along to shop and visit some tourist attractions.
I have been to Boston 3 times previously and stayed downtown but this time because of budgetary considerations I decided to try Saugus. (over 100.00 per night cheaper in Saugus)

My family and I were happy. The room was clean and comfortable the service was good. The only thing I would mention is the tables in the breakfast room were not cleaned right away as people left.

We didn't use the shuttle to the airport as we were not flying but the shuttle driver did drive us and other guests to the mall and local stores and came and picked us up when we were finished. The location of this hotel is surrounded with every store shop and service one could look for.

I would reccommend this hotel to people who are looking to visit the Boston area and stay in a clean affordable hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
HIExpressSaugus, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport), responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Thank you so much for your review. We are very glad that you saved money by staying with us, it so much easier than staying in town especially since we have the shuttle that takes guest to the airport and the train station by the airport. Our staff especially our shuttle driver are very helpful taking our guest to the local shops in the area, which there are many because of our location. We will also work on cleaning the breakfast tables off sooner as well once people are done. But thank you so much for your review!
Yakima, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

Checked into this hotel on April 1st and stayed two nights. The room was clean and comfortable. The parking lot was always full but we always found parking at the back of the hotel. The free breakfast was delicious and had a good variety.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
We are very glad you enjoyed your stay especially our free breakfast in the mornings. The parking lot does sometimes get full but we always have extra parking in the garage next door. Hopefully you will be back to stay again!
Cape Cod
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

I work in Boston and sometimes need to stay overnight, so I need a hotel that is inexpensive, clean and quiet. I had had a horrible experience at the other Holiday Inn up the highway so decided to try here. The price was right, but when I went to check in there was a line a mile long from a flight at Logan. All I wanted to do was go to bed but I stood in line for and hour. Then the room! It was dirty and reeked of cigarettes. I opened the window (no screens) and put the sheet over my face, but the sheet stunk too. I asked to be moved but they said there weren't any rooms. This room was gross. Then there were people knocking on my door asking me how to turn on the lights in their room! They are confusing because when you walk into your dark room it's hard to find a switch. The breakfast was great, but won't be staying there again. My quest continues...

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank LuvnLif e
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport), responded to this review, 11 May 2012
Dear JA M,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am deeply sorry you found our hotel less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Katie J
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Saugus hotels

Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

This hotel was very comfortable,staff very friendly and helpful and the shuttle drivers were great. They made it easy to get around as you cant do much walking from this hotel, nor van you cross the highway.The shuttle runs from 4am to1230 am so you can see all of Boston that you want!They also provide an amazing breakfast with something for everyone!!!

Room Tip: We were on the first floor and didnt hear any outside noise!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
HIExpressSaugus, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport), responded to this review, 15 March 2012
We are very glad that you had a great stay with us. Our staff does try and help with everything they can especially our shuttle drivers. Taking our shuttle is the easiest way to see Boston without driving around town and worrying about parking. We are also glad you enjoyed our hot breakfast buffet!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Saugus Ma on the night before our early morning flight from Logan Airport. The park and fly deal is great. We paid $129 to stay one night and park our car in the covered garage for 6nights. Nice to not have to worry about digging the car out of the snow upon return. The free shuttle to and from the airport (about 15mins) was great. No need to bring your winter coat (we were headed to the Caribbean) as the shuttle is heated. Free pastry / coffee available in the lobby. The hotel was clean and quiet. We live in RI, approx 1 hour from Logan. This allowed us to not have to worry about the weather/ driving conditions and we got to sleep an extra hour! Of course, it was much greater deal when this was a days inn and charged $89 for the same...but still worth it. Tip: take the front desk phone number with you, call when you land. They will be there promptly!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PDQ0564
We are very glad that you had an enjoyable stay. Our park and fly deals are the best so you don’t have to worry about driving to the airport and it’s really easy to get breakfast before you go as well. Also, the garage is a big help in the winter months when it snows so you don’t have clean your car off or dig it out. We do our best to be at the airport to pick up as soon as possible so guests can get to their rooms or cars faster on their return.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saugus
Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan
Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport
Quality Inn Revere
Quality Inn Revere
#4 of 5 in Revere
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
Four Points by Sheraton Boston Logan Airport
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody

Been to Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport)? Share your experiences!