“Great performance next door!”

Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport)
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Saugus
Montreal, Canada
“Great performance next door!”
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Hotel: nice clean lobby & hallways
Room: renovated early 2000's needs updating. The ceiling and the wall weren't connected, I litterally could hear the couple talking in the next room, they chit chatted until about 3 am, they they had the final performance then we all went to sleep. At least they sounded like they enjoyed it...

The breakfast was standard, very busy and not the cleanest place.

Park & fly rate was decent, shuttle service was efficient.

WoulI reccomend it? I don't know? I would say only if you can't find better.

Stayed March 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport), responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear leblanc0155,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I am glad that you liked the condition of our lobby and hallways. Your comments about our rooms and breakfast have been noted and will be used to consider for improvements needed on our end.

We hope that you can give us another chance to host you again in the future and make your stay as best as it can be.

Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Thai first
North Haverhill, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I loved, loved, loved this Inn. The cost was reasonable and we left the car for nine nights! The only reasons I didn't give this five stars include the following: The lack of a fan inn the bathroom. Taking a shower turned the small space into a sauna! Due to the steam, the floor became very wet and slippery. The trash can in the room was not emptied, so we were privy to the prior guests' garbage. The door to our room was ajar, which was kind of creepy going in!

All the above aside, I would definitely recommend this Inn to others and will stay again if I fly out of Logan!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
HIExpressSaugus, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport), responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear nhbigstar,

I am pleased to hear you LOVED our hotel. Our service, added to our complimentary shuttle service and breakfast make us a great choice to staying in the airport or do a park and fly package as you did. We will definitely be going over the cleanliness issues with our staff to make sure the next time you stay with us it will be a 5 star review.

We look forward to your next visit!

Milan, New Hampshire
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This is my go to hotel for great value when traveling afar. Their park, stay & go combo can't be beat! It is so nice to have a place to go where you can park your car and have a shuttle service to and from the airport, all at a very reasonable price ... especially compared to parking the car at an airport.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
HIExpressSaugus, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport), responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear TiffArs20,

Thank you for your positive review and continouos loyalty to our hotel. Many of our guests like yourself choose to stay with us due to our Park and Fly packages and our complimentary shuttle to the airport. Our location being about 15-20 minutes from the airport allow us to be the economical choice to staying in the airport.

We look forward to your future stays and thank you for your recommendation.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 April 2014

What a shame that the Boston Marathon allowed this property to charge US$199 plus tax for a one night stay. It is a hotel I would never return to and would certainly never had chosen had it not been for full or overpriced hotels everywhere else.

For starters, it advertises itself as the Holiday Inn Express, Logan International Airport, Saugus. It may come as a surprise to everyone, but 30 mins drive away from the airport means that you cannot classify yourself as an airport hotel. It is not even 30 minutes into Boston, but away from it. Anyway, my review:

* Location: not an ideal hotel if you intend to visit Boston. It takes 30 minutes to get to the airport from the hotel during normal hours and then you have to work your way into town which is another 30 minutes or so on the T. Not at all ideally located and the hotel is not near any dining establishment except for Hooters (dear families, stay away) and that was closing shortly after we checked in so we had to order pizza in for dinner. I would have expected the hotel to at least have late night dining available since they are not located near very much at all. Further to the location, the shuttle is only available on demand. If you are lucky, the least amount of time it will take to reach you at the airport is 20 minutes and if you are unlucky, it's 45. A fair amount of marathon runners and viewers were staying at this hotel which suggests the problem I faced on booking was commonplace.

* Service: when I called for the shuttle, someone picked up after about twenty rings (no kidding, I counted) and sounded so bored and short with me that I wondered what she was doing in customer service. However, the shuttle arrived just when she said it would and the ride to the hotel was fine. When I got to the counter, I lined up to check in. Two men arrived after I did and were served first and when I raised this with the staff member checking me in, he apologised but did not seem overly concerned that I had been overlooked. The staff member who checked me out was rude and unfriendly and I could not get out of there fast enough. Apart from those two incidents, service was okay but if I had staff like that, I would prepare for a major overhaul.

* Rooms: clean enough, big enough shower/bath combination, comfortable enough bed and quiet enough so no real complaints from me. The rooms are what I have come to expect from the Holiday Inn. I suppose they could do with a bit of a brightening up but apart from that, they did the job.

* Price: Outrageous. US$199 plus tax for a hotel on the other side of Boston? Even the hotel I stayed at Downtown was cheaper. I guess the marathon gave hotel owners licence to hike their fees but this one had no rationale behind it other than capitalising on a busy time. Still, I guess that's business for you!

* WiFi was free but I could never connect. Breakfast was included in the tariff and although we left outside of breakfast time, there were still pancakes, bagels, fruit, tea, coffee and juice to grab and go. That was a plus. The shuttle was conveniently ready for us in both directions so no complaints there but based on location and staff alone I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Krinkles28,

Thank you having stayed with us. I would definitely like to apologize for the kind of stay you had and the inconveniences you experienced with our complimentary shuttle service. Although, it was a busy weekend you should not have had to incur such instances as the ones you described. I will be sharing this with our staff as it is always beneficial to see where we can improve to make sure ALL our guests have great experiences.

Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night while traveling through Mass. Very clean and up to date. Great free breakfast in the morning with plenty of seating. Room was very clean! My favorite thing was all the available outlets in the room for charging electronics. On the nightstand there was a little box that had 3 outlets and 2 USB ports which was great! It was very convenient. Would stay here again if in the area.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Mpidala
HIExpressSaugus, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport), responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Mpidala,

I am pleased you found our hotel to be convenient for you. Many of our guests find our outlet boxes to be very useful to charge multiple electronics and not have to search for outlets in the walls. Your comments pertaining to our cleanliness is shared by a vast majority of our guests. Our housekeeping staff does a great job!

I thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to being your host in the future.

Augusta, Maine
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We recently stayed at Holiday Inn Express Saugus the night before flying out for vacation. Hotel Staff were all very friendly and informative and check in was quick. The park sleep fly was reasonable. As we were leaving the hotel to walk to get a bite to eat, the shuttle driver offered to give us a ride to the restaurant and said he would come get us if we called - Very friendly shuttle driver. The hotel was very quick about sending out the shuttle when we called to be picked up at the end of our trip. Driver was also very pleasant. Will definitely stay here again when we travel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
HIExpressSaugus, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport), responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear BzzzMarch2013,

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Such comments as yours are shared by the vast majority of our guests. The friendliness of our staff and their willingness to always assist our guests make the biggest difference and add the greatest value.

Once again I thank you for your favorable review and we look forward to your next visit to our area.

Bow, New Hampshire
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Recently stayed at hotel and had a wonderful experience. Check in was courteous and easy. Room was clean and comfortable. AM breakfast was varied with a nice hot selection. The shuttle going and returning was easy and on time. Extended parking was fine, and upon return hotel maintenance man graciously helped jump start my car due to a dead battery. Nice customer service. Only a short distance from airport, plus great price and service make this hotel a good value. Recomend hotel and I'll use it again on future travels.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Mullkell,

Thank you for kind words. I am pleased the one of our maintenance associates was able to help you with your dead battery. As you mentioned, we offer park and fly packages and our complimentary shuttle to the airport and breakfast beginning at 6:30am make us a great value but the service our staff delivers and shoots for, makes us the economical choice to staying near the airport. Your experience is a customary one for our guests.

We look forward to your next visit and greatly appreciate your recommendation.

Assistant General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saugus
Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan
Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody
Quality Inn Revere
Quality Inn Revere
#3 of 5 in Revere
Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody

Been to Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport)? Share your experiences!