“Great service & value”

Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport)
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Saugus
Reviewed 10 May 2009

This hotel has been recently renovated and the staff are excellent. Very friendly and helpful - more than I can say for other mid-range hotels.
Rooms are very spacious and well appointed.
Free WiFi in rooms and business centre with printer at reception
Location is ok - highway 1 and the hotel gives a free shuttle to/from logan airport hourly, where we used the T (underground) system into Boston.
Surprising bonus of large new gym and outdoor pool.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 February 2009

I stayed at this hotel in October for a night. I must mention that is very well maintained hotel. There was renovation going on at the time I stayed there but all very well planned so that the guests were least affected.
Rooms were the standard Holiday Innish. Had everything that I could ask for. Had a coffee machine too in the room. Nice bed and bathroom. The shower fittings were a bit damaged but I guess thats why the renovation was underway. I slept well.
One thing that stood out was the food preparation. I had a pizza for dinner and it was the biggest pizza I had ever seen. I could not even eat 2 slices and is was tasty but the best thing was the lobster sandwich. It was mind blowing. Can't forget that. It was really nice.
There is a swimming pool, a huge parking, wifi. and all the things that you could ask for.
Very nice overall.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2008

Great stay at the Days Inn Saugus. Shuttle worked great getting a friend and I into the city to the T station. Room was clean and the staff were willing to help with questions. The shuttle drivers were very helpful and on time for the most part. It's a great place to stay if your in town looking for a reasonably priced hotel to see local attractions. Plan on about an hour to get to central Boston from the Hotel using the shuttle and the subway.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 October 2008

I'm pretty shocked at hotel prices these days (so hard to find anything decent for less than $200 a night!) so was happy to find this place as I was leaving early the next morning. It was okay - but be warned -- this is NOT an airport hotel. I don't exactly know what Americans consider an airport hotel but as a European I would not consider this an airport hotel. It is a good 10 miles or more from the airport and taxi prices in Boston are such that the 20 minute ride out there cost me $45.00. I was grateful that I happened to have that much cash on me as I was expecting a taxi ride to an airport hotel to be $10 with tip! So be warned - it's a long way out.

Stayed: October 2008
Reviewed 9 October 2008

I'll start off by saying that I stay in hotels 300 days a year due to my job. For the price this hotel can not be beat. My room was large and recently remodeled. Nice big bed but smaller bathroom/no amenities like soap or shampoo.
The front desk staff was great because when I checked in I had lost my credit cards and they allowed me to pay cash with no hassle about it.
It's not convenient to downtown Boston but there are lots of convenient places within walking distance. CVS, Grocery Store, and restaurants.

I will stay here again when I come to Boston.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2008

I stay at this property twice a year; on my most recent stay I was very pleased to find the property has nearly completed a renovation of units, halls, public areas. Not that this property was in dire need of renovations because I have always picked this location for its cleanliness and great cost but this recent renovations only add to the great value of this property. Units have new beds (resort quality comfort too!), new furniture, news rugs, fresh wall paper and a wonderful bathroom set! In addition to this upgrades, the hotel offers a great continental breakfast (try the waffles!) and shuttle service, which are both complimentary. The outbound shuttle service is, of course, very reliable but there is some wait time on the inbound service... which has to be expected (as per other reviews). This property is located some distance from the airport but still offers this great service. It may not be the best choice for those looking for a prompt lay-over location. For those looking to explore downtown Boston, take the shuttle to the "Airport" subway station (MBTA Blue Line) and take the inbound train to either "State" or "Government Center". A short distance walk/drive from the hotel are several restaurants and shopping is plentiful. A new Hooters restaurant is a few minutes walk away! Also, a large shopping center, SquareOne Mall, is located a few minutes walk/drive from the hotel. Overall, this hotel is one of my favourite economy hotels in the Boston area. I have never experienced a problem and have always found it to be clean and hospitable... I look forward in my next stay at the Days Inn Saugas.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank StandingRoom
Reviewed 14 September 2008

We were pleasantly suprised on arrival to find our room to be nicely renovated and clean. Registration was simple and the front desk was friendly. We basically stayed here because of the ability to leave your vehicle for our week away, and also the shuttle to and from the airport.. The trip out was fine. Upon returning from a weeks' vacation, and after arriving late on a delayed flight, I just wanted to get back to our vrhicle for a 2 hour ride home. I called the hotel on arriving at Logan, and was told the shuttle would be there in 15 - 20 minutes. After waiting 25 minutes, I re-called the hotel and was told they were sorry but the first shuttle had filled up and they were sending another one. It would be another 15 or 20 minutes. After 25 more minutes, I was not as kind. I was perturbed and still, no shuttle. I called again and they said it would be there shortly. 15 minutes went by, no shuttle. This call was my last straw. After a coupe of expletives, they hung up on me, perhaps rightly so. The shuttle came, over an hour and 10 minutes after the first call. Needless to say, I won't be staying at the Days Inn again.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saugus
Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody
Quality Inn Revere
Quality Inn Revere
#3 of 5 in Revere
Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport
Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody
Four Points by Sheraton Wakefield Boston Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport)? Share your experiences!