My boyfriend and I arrived late at night and checked in quick and easy with no problems. We had reserved a "Superior King Room" through Orbitz. As with all other hotels, I like to do an inspection of the room, particularly the bed, for any signs of bugs and filth. No bedbugs in sight, however, 2 out of 5 pillows had dark black stains, and on the bed sheet there was a noticeable spot of "wetness", but it wasn't actually wet. At this point I had to wonder if the staff really cleaned the sheets and pillows.
The sink is separate from the toilet and shower; it is a portable sink the size of a briefcase sitting on top of a counter, with small cabinets underneath holding the hand and face towels. These particular cabinets had a layer of dust along the edges, as if they hadn't been wiped clean in a while. The area around the sink is sparse - barely enough room for one girl's things. Also, because the sink isn't very deep, water can easily splash out onto the counter if you're not careful. There was a small coffee/tea maker in the corner by the sink but it was missing the pot (other hotels have a pot with it, but this one didn't come with. I don't use these myself but thought I should mention it). The hairdryer above the coffee maker had a brown stain (disgusting) on the handle which I cleaned off before using. There were no bars to hold towels by the sink so I had to hang them in the shower room.
You can barely walk more than two steps inside this room with the toilet and bathtub/shower. I'm a small girl, but I still managed to bump my elbows on the door a couple times changing in and out of clothes. There was no vent inside the bathroom so the room can get very hot after a 20min shower.
On the upside, the room had no noticeable odors and the living space was large for a hotel room. Price is good for being close to Boston, and noise wasn't a problem. But I wouldn't come back or recommend because they're missing the basic component of a good hotel room - cleanliness.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 100% Non-Smoking Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan is Newly Renovated and a great place to relax after seeing Boston's sights- Newbury Street, Boston Commons, Fenway Park, Quincy Market, Boston Harbor, The Freedom Trail, The North End, Back Bay, The New England Aquarium, The Swan Boats, The Museum of Fine Arts, The Science Museum, Harvard University, M.I.T, Tufts University, as well as other famous universities, and so much more. If you are traveling on business, we are just miles away from The Hynes Convention Center, The World Trade Center, Boston's Financial District and Boston Convention and Exhibit Center. If you are here on leisure, catch a concert or see the world famous Boston Celtics or Boston Bruins at TD Garden in Boston or head over to Fenway Park and see the Red Sox! Boston has plenty of fun to offer and in the historic Theatre District you will find several live performances nightly at the Orpheum Theatre, Citi Performing Arts Center, The Charles Playhouse and many others. The Red Roof Inn in Saugus is only 5 miles away from Revere Beach, America's 1st Public Beach as well as Suffolk Downs where you can see exciting horse races most of the year. Don't feel like driving into Boston? Don't worry, we are just 5 miles away from Wonderland T Station (subway) where you can park all day for a very low rate and take a quick 15 minute train ride into the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Priceline, Red Roof Inn, Ebookers, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn - Boston Logan Hotel Saugus
- Red Roof Inn Boston Saugus
- Red Roof Inn Saugus
- Saugus Red Roof Inn