“Just another Italian Restaurant !”

Polcari's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Polcari's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 112 Restaurants in Saugus
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Just another Italian Restaurant. We tried eggplant parm and veggie pizza. Nothing bad to say about it but nothing too spectacular about the food either . The servers were friendly and the place is huge. Good for catching up with friends or meeting with your family. Can definitely accommodate big parties.. Can get a little pricey but definitely a 3.5 star restaurant !

Reviewed 3 October 2013

We were staying in Saugus overnight before an early AM departure out of Boston Logan. We didn't want to drive back into Boston but wanted Itallian food. Our hotel recommended this venue. The pizza was excellent - really good crust, and the choices for toppings was never-ending. I had the 4 cheese baked ziti - excellent. It was so hot when delivered to the table that I had to wait for it to cool - my kind of baked skillet! The bar was full service (we sat in a booth in the bar) and had sports channels on the TV's. Our server was authentic and attentive. It is not North End Itallian - but it is a good choice for a family meal.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

I have been there several times in the past 2 years and everytime I have had great service and wonderful food. I especially like their pizza. They have a 4 cheese pizza that I have them add other cheeses as well. I think it ends up with 7 cheeses overall. It is so good!. The only complaint I would say is the prices are a tad high. My pizza ended costing $40 for just a large.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

The floors were dirty. The tables were dirty. The wait staff was rude and slow. The food was bland and I'm pretty sure frozen well ahead of time and microwaved to serve.
I was in the Boston area again visiting family from my home in Willemstad Curacao so I haven't seen them for awhile so I jumped at the chance to celebrate a nephews b-day. I got there about 30 min late. People were still waiting for drinks. The children were waiting for their drinks. There was not any bread or water on the table. 1 hour into sitting there the waitress came over and started to take drink orders. When we stated very politley that we would like to request that we can place our food order with our drink order we were greated with "first I'll take your drink order and then I'll come back for your food order. 40 minutes later it starts again with the attitude and when the food finally got there. Pre-prepaired Frozen microwaved flavor less is how everything, and I mean everything tasted.
Terrible.
It was bad before and I gave a not so hot review which somehow got taken down, but this place has gotten worse.
I hate to say anything bad about a place since I have been in the business and know it's hard and the hours are long and the pay may not be the best at times.
But come on.
This place really stinks and it stinks even more for using their pull to take down my first review.
Give it a rest Polcari's and you folks keep driving.

1  Thank MattA612
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I thought I would have some good pasta and a nice glass of wine, not so. The dressing on the salad was the first thing that told me I should have gone somewhere else. I could not even eat the pasta. In fact the waitress who was very nice, asked if I wanted to take the food to go and when I said no, she said, you hardly ate anything, I said I know. Maybe is I had the pizza it would of been better. A waste of money.

1  Thank collector

Been to Polcari's Restaurant? Share your experiences!