“Arigato!”

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Once in a while, I get a huge craving for sushi. It happened last night, so we went to Saki. Pleased to see a crowded parking lot, as this restaurant deserves praise. First, the proprietor and the sushi chefs give you a hearty welcome as you step inside. So does the waitstaff. My sushi plate arrived, artistically arranged in a large lacquered boat. Along with it, I had miso soup, seaweed salad, ginger ice cream, plum wine, and green tea. A meal to savor. "Arigato" (thank you) to the Sake team for another happy dining experience. A final note: the photo above shows the Kowloon, not the Sake!

There are newer reviews for Sake Japanese Restaurant

Reviewed 21 February 2013 via mobile

Thank goodness someone posted a review not to be discouraged the outside appearance! The service was absolutely extraordinary - they really make you feel like a rockstar! Sushi was fantastic! I'll definitely be back. :)

Reviewed 4 December 2012

I have actually been a patron of Sake's since it first opened in 1986. It was my very first exposure to sushi, long before it was popular or well-known in Boston, and I immediately fell in love with it. I have probably been to Sake dozens of times over the years, although not so much in the last 10 years or so. It seemed that the quality of the food and the service had diminished somewhat. The food did not taste quite as fresh and the service was often off. We felt either rushed or neglected by surly waitstaff. So we had not been back for quite a while.

We returned for dinner Saturday night after an absence of over a year, and I was most pleasantly suprised. I wondered if there was new management because the greeters and wait staff were all appropriately friendly and welcoming, with the exception of one waitress who did not seem to want to return my smile. The food was delicious and the sushi was presented most attractively in a boat, which they had not done before, although I have had that at other sushi restaurants. I also had an appetizer of agedashi tofu, which is another favorite and it was delicious. Also, the sushi platter now includes miso soup and a salad, so it really is a full meal and I thought.a good value for the price.

I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 6 November 2012

The location, on Rt 1 N in Saugus, and the outward appearance of this place do not scream "stop and eat here." Once inside, you forget about that. The food is great and the service just as great. Very friendly proprietor and they genuinely want your experience to be a good one. Only order sushi, which is top notch, and their ankimo is also something that keeps our group coming back regularly. Haven;t had any of the other dishes on the menu outside the sushi/sashimi, so can't comment on that. Prices aren't bad either, not cheap of course, but they aren't out of line with what you pay for this quality elsewhere.

1  Thank NitroJoe
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Quiet dining, excellent service. There is a wonderful selection of starters, so one can make a meal them. Shrimp shumai was some of the best I've ever had. Gyoza were excellent, as was the scallop dish. Coming from the west coast, I"d never had lobster tempura so that was a special treat. Highly recommended!