“Better days behind it”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Saugus, Massachusetts
“Better days behind it”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Have gotten take out at this establishment for many years and through several owner changes. Last few times I visited the steak subs were not up to the quality I was used to from this place. The pizza also took a turn got the worse over the past year or so. Have not been back in at least 4 months and will not visit again. Have heard the place is up for sale and the current owner wants to sell rice balls only.

• Visited March 2014

Saugus, Massachusetts, United States
“Great Pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

Although J&M makes very good sandwiches, I do love their pizza. Being somebody who used to own a pizza place, I'm pretty fussy when it comes to good pizza. If you are in the area, you must try the J&M pizza.

Visited December 2013
Saugus, Massachusetts, United States
“Yum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

Every once in a while, we order from J&M. I'm now a vegetarian, but, before I used to order their Italian sub (still miss it) and my husband would usually get their steak bomb with egg. We've never been disappointed!!!! The pizza is excellent- I highly recommend the baked potato pizza or the buffalo pizza (ask for blue cheese on the side). Their cheese pizza is ok, but, the specialty pizza is to die for!!!!

• Visited April 2013
Needham, MA USA
“Great subs and salads”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

Always good food. I especially love their cheesesteak sub - they also have pizza and calzone but I'm hooked on their subs.

Visited October 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“not consistent or maybe they're cutting back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

The chicken salad on pita bread is an amazing sandwich which I pick up for my husband and I to share. It's alway been more than we can eat.
I ordered one today and was surprised that it was ready for me so quickly. I've never minded waiting the 20 minutes while they bake the pita bread that I rave about.
I opened the sandwich before I got home; the bread was cold and it was less than the oppulant size I stop at J & M for.
I called my husband to suggest he pick up something else for dinner before he got home.
Maybe it was made by a new employee. It was sparce compared to past sandwiches.
I noticed J & M's web site states, "Our bread is baked fresh everyday in Boston's North End". Maybe the pita bread is no longer baked to order.
The chicken salad was the usual excellent quality but no reason to make the stop anymore.

• Visited June 2013