“Large bright room, overlooking the river, peaceful location”

RiverFront Cabins Kaweah General Store
London, United Kingdom
“Large bright room, overlooking the river, peaceful location”
Reviewed 22 March 2013

LOCATION – Very easy to find, right on the main road through the town. Right beside the river. Petrol station, grocery and liquor store in the vicinity. There is someone on site to help with any queries, and he was friendly and helpful, but you must first pick up keys at the resort reception at the Kaweah General Store about 1 mile from the accommodation.

ACCOMODATION – Large bright property with a double bed downstairs in the living area and double and twin beds in the dorma upstairs. Dorma was very hot, but a large fan was provided. Large fully equipped kitchen, with full size oven and the usual appliances you would expect. Sliding doors that were hard to open lead out to a large wooden platform with BBQ and furniture, overlooking the river. Nice to sit on in the evening with wildlife around and the back of the property overlooking the river is very peaceful.

Nice bathroom with toiletries but no hairdryer. Tap water is not drinkable, but bottled water was provided. Accommodation is comfortable enough for a longer stay than the two nights I stayed.

The cabin was fairly new when we stayed, so I assumed the landscaping outside was not finished as it was a tad scruffy, with exposed pipes and uneven paving.

TIP - There is a bit of road noise from the front of the accomodation and the curtains are a bit thin, so if you are a light sleeper take an eye mask and some ear plugs

VALUE FOR MONEY – Could have been a bit cheaper, but on the whole yes.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Over_Land_And_Sea

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Spent three nights here in Cabin 9 as a base camp for exploring Sequoia National Park. I found it to be clean and comfortable and they let us have our two small dogs. It's a large cabin with a loft upstairs that had two twins and a queen bed. Downstairs had a full kitchen, bathroom with shower, Satellite TV, pub table, two recliners and a queen bed. There was a huge deck outside with plenty of chairs and a BBQ that over looked the river. It was a bit chilly so we didn't much time outside.

The path leading to the cabin was not easily accessible for someone who might have trouble getting around. When we arrived it was rainy, muddy and dark. Made for a challenge to unload as we had to park a little ways away and carry our stuff in. The cabin looked to be recently updated. Everything seemed new. The water from sink is not for drinking or cooking without some filtration as it comes from the river. There was a sign that said drinking water was provided, but I didn't see any, and I had my own so I didn't pursue it with the manager. If you intend to cook you might want to bring your own kitchenware. There were only a few small pots in the house, nothing for in the oven. Plenty of silverware and knives, plates, three mugs, glasses and plastic cups. I'm sure if I had asked the manager I could have borrowed more cookware from another cabin, but I didn't really want to cook! We got a pizza from in town that was good, and BBQ one night. There was hot water at all the sinks, but the shower was barely warm. As you can see, I wasn't in complaint mode so I also let this one go.

Everyone I dealt with was very friendly. The grounds are full of interesting artifacts. I don't think I'd let a small child run around out there. There is a lot of random stuff scattered around the property. There was wifi but it didn't extend as far as Cabin 9 so we had to walk up by the office to get a signal. No cell phone signal at all in this town. We were cut off and it was kind of nice!

There was nothing really unpleasant about our stay. I'd give more stars if the water was hotter, and there was a bit more cookware. They get points for everything being new, no bad smells and it was very clean. I can't speak as to the condition of the other cabins, but I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank world_in_my_eyes
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 16 August 2011

We like it very much. We are easygoing people. I think every one should be grateful what we got. The owner is a nice lady.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank reliang
Palm Desert, California
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Our reservation was for 5 nights so we could explore Sequoia and Kings NP's. We hadn't even been there one night and we were looking for something else. We booked the "charming cabin suite" and it was anything but charming. It was described as having a full kitchen but only had an under counter, dorm size fridge. We had to cover the 2 sofas with extra sheets because the sofas were so dirty and worn. The bed was very hard and my back in still complaining. The grounds are covered in that powdery dust that clouds up around you when you walk on it or drive on it. The floors were clean when we arrived, but were filthy by the time we'd unloaded. Luckily, the Comfort Inn had room and we were able to switch and luckily we got 4 nights refunded (we did have to stay one night). The funny thing was they charged us $10 per night per pet (we have two cats) so we thought it must be pretty nice to charge that; what a joke!

Room Tip: There isn't a best room!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank freelandjaci

Travellers are raving about these Three Rivers hotels

Sebastopol, California
Reviewed 17 August 2010

My son, two grandsons and I stayed at Kaweah General Store cabins in August. We had the largest, two story cabin. The upstairs was very hot, and had no windows to open for ventillation. They provided a box fan which circulated the warm air, but never cooled the room. Downstairs I found I could not open the sliding door or the blinds. The kitchen was poorly equipted, lacking basics like a large bowl to mix a sald etc.. There were no pans for the oven. Not even a broiler pan. It did have stove top pots and a fry pan. You could not drink the water and it smelled like rotten eggs. We were provided with a gallon of botteled water. Maintenence was greatly lacking here. The boys did enjoy swimming in the river and we found a roap swing hanging from a tree they could swing from. The people were pleasant and friendly. I would only rate it 2 stars. We found Three Rivers to be a good location to access Sequoia National Park, but much too long a drive to make a day trip into Kings Canyon.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Sandy33069
tournai
Reviewed 15 June 2010

They lost our reservation so they ruined our vacation. Not even sorry

• Stayed August 2010
1 Thank voyageurantilles
Germany
Reviewed 6 March 2010

Cabins are located on the river, spectacular mountain and river views, with private large backyard and access to the river, really nice! Several outdoor seating areas and BBQ's are available. There are also benches, direct by the river bed, perfect for fishing, relaxing, for a picnic or just for enjoying the scenery.
The cabins are comfortable and suitable furnished, nicely decorated and very clean.
Cabins are located not far from the southern entrance of the Sequoia National Park, restaurants and the market are very close.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
#4 of 6 in Three Rivers
The River Inn & Cabins
The River Inn & Cabins
#10 of 11 in Three Rivers

Been to RiverFront Cabins Kaweah General Store? Share your experiences!