Lazy J Ranch-Americas Best Value Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Sierra Lodge(Three Rivers)
View Hotel
Buckeye Tree Lodge(Three Rivers)
Kaweah Motel(Exeter)
View Hotel
Wuksachi Lodge(Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park)
  • Restaurant
Lindsay Inn(Lindsay)
View Hotel
All reviewsfarm animalssequoia national parkcontinental breakfastthe cottagesmotor courttether ballthe riverquiet settinggrassy areagranola barspackaged pastriesswimming poolvolleyball courtbeautiful scenerysmall bathroomreception areabase camp
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This place is GREAT for families. We had a cabin with a full kitchen, 2 double beds and 2 twins at a very affordable rate. It was quiet, had a pool that the kids loved, a grassy area for badminton, volleyball and play, and goats and animals the kids could enjoy. Continental breakfast could be picked up anytime to accommodate our schedules and the staff was very friendly. They had DVDs and VCR tapes to lend at the office and had a very family-friendly selection. Wish we could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: Any would be great.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jill B
Reviewed 10 June 2014

How this place has gotten great reviews is beyond us....

Do you want the good, the bad or the ugly first?

GOOD: nice staff (nothing stood out), well kept property, grassy area for the kids to play, small jelly bean pool in which our two kids had a blast (because there is nothing much else to do during the 99 degree weather of June in this tiny town), river access was a selling point on the business website but the reality was it that was overgrown and couldn't really be accessed unless you wanted a lethal bite from a rattle snake and a trip by helicopter! The farm was cute, friendly goats, sheep and pigmy's for the kids to pet and a small playground set for the kids (which was metal and too hot to play on)

BAD: outdated rooms, HORRIBLE squishy and bouncy beds, yes I wrote that in caps, and a floppy couch from the late 1980's. We stayed in Room # 4 which had a small kitchenette. The rooms and the beds remind me of one of the motels in some Quentin Tarantino movie...cheap, outdated and bug infested. Yes I said "Bug Infested".

Upon arrival, all four of us, even my 2 year old, had to use our flip flops to kill hundreds of mosquitos, knats and craneflies on the walls and ourselves. It was like a bad dream! In addition to those, there were also small German brown cockroaches in our kitchenette and my son had a quarter size wolf spider try to share his pillow...I have one word for this place: FUMIGATION! Can we call Terminex here people? If I'd wanted to camp, I'd of reserved a camp site up the mountain!

ok here it is....The UGLY: On top of the house keepers leaving a pile of folded sheets for us to make our own bed!! (which was ok I guess, I'm no prude), we also had a gas leak in our room which I reported to the front desk. The attendant told me to "open up the windows and let the room air out" no joke here folks! This, even after I mentioned that there might be a pilot light out somewhere. We smelled propane gas every morning upon waking and every night upon our return. That is simply unacceptable, especially at $135 a night for a total of $450!!

The cool waters of the jelly bean pool was our families only saving grace.

Please do your research and read all the reviews about this place. We were sincerely disappointed because we read such great reviews here and on Google. Needless to say, we will not be returning here and we are planning on writing a letter to the owner as well.

Room Tip: Bring Insecticide and a cot
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Morgan K
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Just returned from 3 nights at the J. It is a beautiful property with rolling hills in the distance and friendly animals to feed and commune with. Absolutely no complaints. They were also very understanding when I requested a different room then I was originally assigned. I will def be back. Maybe with my dog next time! A tip~call or email the Lazy J directly. I got an excellent price per night for a mid week stay on my own to visit Sequoia.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This place is a bang for the buck. If you want a simple, quite place with friendly staff. This is the place to go. No complains at all.

The owners have a stable with sheep. If you have small kids they will love it.

This place is close to the park (I would guess about 10- 15 min drive to Sequoia entrance).

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Olaf B
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed at Lazy J last April for one night, we were 4 (2 adults and our two kids).
The location is good, close to the entrance of Sequoia N.P.
The rooms were clean and big. WiFi was also good.
The girls at the reception was friendly, available and organized to give us indications for the dinner.
If you will leave early in the morning, like we did, remember to take your breakfast food at the reception the evening before, because the reception opens only at 9. May be that's why J is lazy.
I would say a good balance cost/quality.

Stefano