“Reviews about the bug problems”

Days Inn Luray Shenandoah
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Luray
Reviewed 12 July 2012

So far some of the complaints about this hotel are about the bugs. 1st of all there is a sign at the FD letting you know there are bugs in the area, 2nd its the country what do you expect especially if your on the ground floor. 3rd if you see the sign and are aware of bettles then don't stay. 4th its an older property so there are going to be some problems, expect it

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank catchmeifucanc2002

Reviewed 10 July 2012

We recently checked into the hotel because of its location near Luray. We got into our room and saw dead bugs on the floor and ants crawling around the bed. We didn't stay the night and checked into a different hotel. The staff was very polite about it, but I wouldn't go back.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 9 July 2012

After heading to Luray behind schedule, we decided to book our rooms (supposedly the last three rooms) at this Days Inn so that we would have enough time to explore Luray Caverns and the town the following day. We should have kept driving. Although there was a small notice posted at the front desk about the possibility of beetles, we were assured that they were not a huge problem at this hotel. Wrong. They ARE a huge problem. We discovered many beetles in all three rooms. After crawling in to bed around 11:30 at night, multiple beetles decided to crawl in too! Disgusting. Definitely not who I want to be bunking up with. After going down to the front desk a helpful employee was nice enough to give us a different room. There were still a few beetles in this room, but most were in the bathroom and already dead. The decor of our room would appeal to anyone interested in the Elizabethan era, boasting a bed that required a small staircase to climb into!! Gave us a good laugh for sure. It was a roof over our heads though, and made us thankful for the other places we had stayed.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jenna316
Reviewed 2 July 2012

The internet makes this place look fantastic. In reality its okay. I got to know the general manager pretty well and he made things better, however, house keeping is horrible. They wouldn't come by the room until 4ish. You can watch them sitting in front of the hotel gossiping and smoking cigs for hours during the day instead of cleaning. The breakfast was a joke. Not like a Holiday Inn Express that is for sure. Bagels, mini muffins, apples, oranges and sweet rolls with 2 different kinds of cereal is the breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Katie L
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Do not stay here! Worst hotel room I have ever had. Outdated and infested with Beatles. They have a sign at the front desk informing you of the Beatle infestation. We had five in our bathroom bath tub. My parents had in much worse in room 251. They were flicking them off of their bodies at 5 AM and had about 50 of them in the front half of the hotel. The lady at the front desk said that they have tried everything and don't know what else to do. I told her they should shut down. The lids on the coffee cups don't fit properly and my mom spilled coffee in her lap and now has burns that have blistered.

My only compliment is that the kids enjoyed the pool.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank RenaeB209
Reviewed 29 June 2012

A real old-fashioned motel in a great setting not too far from Luray caverns. Pity the room was very shabby and everything well worn. All of the vending machines were out of water. Breakfast was very poor. A pity as the reception staff were very polite and helpful

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sicarius1
Reviewed 26 June 2012

My husband and I entered room # 103 around 7:00 pm. When I went into the bathroom I was met by a crunchy brown bug. I picked it up with a tissue and flushed it. I noticed a big ant dead on the floor. In the sleeping area I was greeted by another of those large quarter inch ants crawling on the airconditioner. I noticed that the cover on the ironing board was filthy. There were a few hairs on the bedside table. I decided that we had better not unpack but it wasn't TOO BAD. I could cover the ironing board with a towel. I got in bed around 11:00 and woke up at 1:30 itching on my legs and arms. I sat in the chair to scratch and read. I noticed that my legs and arms were covered with bug bites. I went to the lobby and they gave me some cream. By then I had been crawled on by another brown bug. I took his body to the desk clerk who said it was harmless. By daylight I looked like I had been spread with pink cottage cheese I had so many bites. Our grandson was staying with us and he had bites on his face. Our daughter who was getting married that evening waited with me in the lobby to talk with the manager. He was very rude and sarcastic. I was quiet and made sure I was not heard by other guests. He had our daughter in tears. He did credit my card for the cost of the room. On the next business day I contacted Page County Dept. Of Public Health. They did not find bedbugs but he had two days to get rid of them or whatever kind of bug had feasted on me.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank curysue
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luray
The Cardinal Inn
#3 of 9 in Luray
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 4 in Woodstock

Been to Days Inn Luray Shenandoah? Share your experiences!