“The food's great when u get it”

Uncle Buck's Family Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 43 Restaurants in Luray
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stopped in yesterday before we got on the road home. Arrive at about noon, ordered three menus items, mostly wraps with home made fries.... The portions are smaller then expected but so are the prices...my only problems was it took almost 35 minutes to get our simple order and that was before a large group of 15 walked in...The waitress was nice, prices are reasonable, just need to light a fire under the kitchen. Its a diner dressed as a restaurant.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stumbled upon this place on the way thru Luray after a visit to the caverns. It is strictly a local hangout with basic food, but my wife and I were trilled to finally get a decent steak and cheese sub and some excellent barbeque. What a find.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I've had a bit of everything at Uncle Bucks from breakfast to dinner items and have enjoyed every meal I've had. Sometimes the service is slow that's why I rated it it a 4 otherwise it would've been a 5. Love the fact they do breakfast all day..

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Monday after fathers day and they had no steaks left that are on their Menu. ordered the ribs and they where very good. service was excellent, best of the restaurants in town.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Over the last several years I have eaten at Uncle Buck's. Sometimes the food is awesome and we have no issues. Other times the service is extremely slow and the food is just ok. I have had the waffles and they have been good. I also have eaten the fried shrimp a number of times and have enjoyed that as well.