“Yum Homemade Veggie Burgers!”
Review of Artisan's Grill - CLOSED

Artisan's Grill
Price range: US$8 - US$29
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Croydon, PA
“Yum Homemade Veggie Burgers!”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We had dinner here the first night of our trip. Interesting menu consisting of quite expensive entree options vs quite affordable sandwich options. We both ordered the veggie burger which was delicious. I had the potato salad side which I found to be bland as it was basically potatoes, mayo, and celery but my husband's fries were nice. We tried the baked brie and berry sauce app which was delicious. The cracker/pita hybrids they served with it were a bit odd however. They have a nice beer list with a lot of local options which we enjoyed.We ended with the peanut butter pie which was amazing and a throw back to when my mom made it during my childhood.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank VLouis11

New Jersey
“Excellent lunch but perhaps pricier than you'd expect.”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Nice place with great lunch sandwiches at attractive prices. The Rembrandt sandwich featured a huge quantity of lean corned beef and the pulled pork was awesome. 2 minute drive from Luray Caverns and much nicer than the dining options there.

• Visited July 2014
Burke, Virginia
“Decent but overpriced”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

The restaurant is pretty cool - situated right in the middle of Luray. We just wanted a simple dinner and when the waitress mentioned the specials they were all around $25 or more. This is not a fancy place so I was confused by the high prices considering the kids food prices were great…We also didn't realize we could have ordered from the lunch menu (during dinner) - maybe the staff can let new clients know that..

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Grossen76
“Best Chili in Years”
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I are amateur foodies, and planned our honeymoon in Luray for the activities, with no idea of how incredible the food in town would be. We stopped in on our first night in town on a whim since I thought the architecture of the building looked interesting and there was a hiking outfitter across the street. The staff was extremely friendly and even with a relatively small crowd none were sitting around or killing time. We were seated immediately in the upstairs dining room and the entire building was very clean and neat. With such big window sills dust is sometimes forgotten, but not here. We were immediately impressed with the building and staff. The waitress came and took our drink orders and brought us menus as soon as we were seated and we ordered salads and the chili. I don't think either of us were expecting the chili to be as incredible as it was. The food came and the salads were fresh and crisp, the dressing was obviously homemade and not off the back of a delivery truck, and was quite good. The chili though, was out of this world good. If you're looking for heat it isn't going to bring tears to your eyes, but the flavor and the tenderness of the meat were perfect. Our drinks stayed topped off and the service was prompt without hovering. Would absolutely return again and recommend this restaurant to others.

2 Thank Jacob S
“Delicious! Great atmosphere.”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Steak salad was yummy! Portion was perfect and pricing was good. My only complaint is that my son ordered 2 sandwiches and we were charged for 2 full meals but given only 1 side... May have been oversight, but made his meal costly...