“Beyond Awesome Bed & Breakfast!”

The Inn of the Shenandoah
Ranked #4 of 14 Luray B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary at this B&B and it was far above more than we expected.The rooms were clean and spectacular. The breakfast was amazing more food than we were able to eat.Ann the inn keeper was caring and kind she made us feel welcomed and met any need that we may have needed.This B&B was docorated from a beauitful time era that we felt like we had a experience of a lifetime!Would highly recommend this B&B to everyone!We will be returning!The mountain views and charming town walks for us made this a wonderful anniversary!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank Evangelist Miss... M

Reviewed 2 June 2014

LOOK NO FURTHER! THIS IS THE PLACE NO OTHER B&B WILL BEAT IN LURAY!!

Dates of Stay: Tue 27 May- Fri 30 May 2014 (names: Xiomara and Ryan)

My husband and I had been searching for a place to stay in Luray for about 2 weeks before our trip to Luray, but being that we are particular about where we sleep we had a hard time deciding which place to book. Luckily, I found the Inn of the Shenandoah on this site and from the first call with the inn keeper- I was happy with my choice. I booked a room as we were driving to Luray and Anne (the Inn Keeper) was extremely helpful during the booking process. If you are debating on whether or not to book this B&B look no more! This place is amazing! From the moment my husband and I arrived at the Inn, Anne made us feel at home. Anne and her staff are very accommodating, sweet and a pleasure to be around. The house and the rooms were very clean, neat and comfortable. The breakfast Anne cooked every morning was a mouth watering dream! The food portions were huge; we never left breakfast hungry. My husband and I fell in love with Anne’s waffles- delicious! Anne also cooked our breakfast to avoid allergies and anything we did not eat, so needless to say- she is very accommodating. Anne is also open to suggestions to improve your stay and the stay of others. I was told by Anne that she just took over the place as the Inn Keeper and that the place has a new look as well. My husband and I will return again! My husband and I were spoiled rotten with all the food, comfort and great company of the staff. Thank you.

Room Tip: The Autumn room is amazing but next time we will stay in the Orchid room (the biggest and nicest roo...
Reviewed 28 May 2014

It was my first time staying at a B&B. The house was beautiful and charming with so many details. We were greeted by Ann, who is the owner. She was just so friendly and personable. She made us feel at home. The room was beautiful and comfortable. The jacuzzi was a great touch. She also left us a delicious bottle of red wine. She made us a delicious breakfast the next morning and sent us our way with a warming goodbye. I highly recommend staying at this place. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Smarques77
Reviewed 27 May 2014

About a month and a half ago, my girlfriend and I booked a room for the night of May 24th. We were unsure at first, since we had read some mediocre reviews of the place, and it was apparently shut down for repairs. I received an E-mail that detailed a change of ownership at the Inn; it was to already be established by the time of our stay. The new owner, Ann Merigan, took the time to call me personally and reassure me that I had nothing to worry about. She certainly lived up to her promise and then some!! Ann, Ramona, and Ann's niece (Her name escapes me..forgive me!!) treated us like family. We stayed in the Stained Glass room. It was a beautiful room that left my girlfriend and I speechless! The hospitality was second to none. We were given snacks, sodas, water, and a complimentary bottle of wine. The room also included a TV, and a fine selection of literature. The hot tub in the bathroom was amazing. I tell you, it was just like we were relaxing at home. The food might have been the best part. Both my gf and I are vegetarians, and she has bad reactions to gluten. Ann went out of her way to buy veggie sausage and gluten-free bread for our breakfast. I am usually not a fan of gluten-free bread, but Ann prepared it in such a way that I almost preferred it to regular bread! We were spoiled for breakfast with eggs, roasted asparagus, a slice of baked sweet potato, veggie sausage, a delicious plate of fruit, and honestly one of the best omelets I have ever had. All in all, we were treated like royalty, and we will definitely be coming back. Thank you, Ann and friends!

2  Thank Hank A
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Even if you aren't going to read this whole review, I urge you to read the first line of this review and book this place instantly (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED). We stayed the night before in Skylands Resort. The next day, Saturday night we has chosen to wing it and see if we could find a place. Little did we know how hard it would be to find an available bed and breakfast. I left a message for Ann (inn keeper and overall sweetheart) on Friday and she got back to me early morning Saturday. She was helpful and charming and even upgraded us to the larger suite! The home is beautiful, furnishing and subtle antique touches make staying at the Inn of the Shenandoah exquisite. What is most remarkable about this bed and breakfast is how elegant yet cozy it is. Ann made sure we were very comfortable and even got us a Muscato wine (guilty as charged, the only wine I like). There's even a Jacuzzi in the room!
The ownership of the inn has changed and it's unfortunate that the previous reviews have carried over. The Inn of the Shenandoah was warm, cozy, comfortable, beautiful and quiet. Ann made the most wonderful breakfast the next morning with her secret Parmesan and Jalapeno biscuit recipe. She was so kind. When she saw I Loved them she packed extra in a little doggy bag so we could eat it on our hike throughout the day. I'm looking forward to the day I return and eat those biscuits and super fluffy spinach and mushroom omelette again. I would tell you to pick the Inn of the Shenandoah in a heartbeat!

Thanks for a wonderful stay Ann

Reviewed 17 May 2014

First, let me start off by saying this is going to be a lengthy review, so to summarize for those who don't want to read the whole review, I would recommend this place, I will be returning and the new owner (Ann Merigan) is AWESOME!!

I booked this room last minute and when I say last minute, I mean the morning of our departure and did not read any of the reviews posted for this bed and breakfast. I tried to call the hotel and some lady answered the phone and advised I had the wrong number. I thought that was strange, then I Googled the hotel to try and find a better contact number. I found a different number and when I called it, it said the voice mail box you are trying to reach is full. While doing the search I also came across the negative reviews and thought OMG I've just been Got, Scam alert. Well it turns out I was WRONG.
I received a call back from the second number I contacted and the lady said I missed your call. I replied " Is this the hotel" and sure enough it was. To make a long story a little shorter, I interrogated the sweet lady on the other end of the phone about the hotel being a scam. She assured me the hotel DOES exist. Ann explained she is the new owner and has fixed the place up a lot. I asked her about the pipes and she advised that incident occurred during the previous owner reign, it was a bad winter and the pipes burst, however the pipes are fixed now.

This place is very comfortable and has a "home like" feeling to it. The owner advised they have had a few stink bugs and are working on keeping them out, however I did not see any during my stay. The room was great, it had a whirlpool, separate shower and plenty of hot water. The room had shear curtains up but no blind which was OK, we just could walk around in our "birthday suits" in that area of the room. There is no phone in the room but almost everyone has a cell phone now. I did not see an iron, but I'm sure if you need one you could ask the owner a she would get you one. The owner and her niece were great and all about making sure their guests were happy,
Breakfast was DELICIOUS!!! fresh fruit, some type of warm maple syrup with peaches. There were snacks in the room when we arrived along with a bottle of wine if you are 21+.
I will be back!!

Reviewed 17 May 2014

This Inn was Perfect!! I read some of the previous comments and they had to be from a different owner/manager. The new owners were some of the sweetest, most genuine people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.

All bedrooms are located on the second floor and each have their own sitting area outside. Our bedroom contained a whirlpool style tub that I am already missing! The breakfast, fruit, and juices were all amazing and served shortly after sitting.

When I come back later this year, it will be to this wonderful Inn!

Room Tip: Uncle Bucks just down the street served the most amazing prime rib!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luray
The Mimslyn Inn
The Cardinal Inn
#4 of 9 in Luray
Best Western Intown Luray
Hampton Inn & Suites Woodstock

Been to The Inn of the Shenandoah? Share your experiences!