“Great Great Great”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Luray
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort Luray
Ranked #1 of 15 Speciality Lodging in Luray
Virginia
“Great Great Great”
Reviewed 30 April 2008

We usually take 2 cruises a year and are use to being completely pampered. As our kids have started to move away to college (ages 23, 20, 19 and 14) It is harder to go on vacations together. Last summer we could only get together for 3 days, so we decided to go to Jellystone. (About an hour and a half from where we live) It wasn't a cruise and we weren't tended to hand and foot but I was just as impressed with the staff there, maybe even more so then on a cruise. They were great, they were not only friendly but truey happy all the time - They went out of their way when possible and even the smallest things like waving hello as they passed by. The grounds were spotless and so beautiful. This year we have a week together and could go on a cruise but have chosen to go back to Jellystone.

• Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank jaynbeck

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Mount Jackson , Virginia
Reviewed 3 September 2007

This is a AWESOME family campground. We have just gotten back from a 3-night 4- day stay over the Labor Day weekend at this campground and not only was the kids sad to leave I was also upset to have to leave this wonderful campground. We have been to quite a few campgrounds over the years and it was by far the best !!! One of the things that stood out was the compassion for the kids. The Rangers were really outstanding, thier passion for the kids showed in the way they dealt with different situations. I never seen one get rude or irritated with the little ones when they would want to hug Yogi for the tenth time Ha Ha ! They always acted professional and caring. And the activities staff were Superb, they kept the kids busy with activities, like I have never seen before at a family campground. My kids want to come back next year for a week!!! Oh Yeah, how can I forget ....... the campground was SQUEAKY CLEAN !!! I have never seen a campgound so busy, be so clean. This place was sold out for the weekend and I never once saw the bathroom or the snack room or any place there anything other than clean. I would recommend this campground to everyone!!

1 Thank MY3BOYS07
Northern Virginia
Reviewed 3 June 2007

I prefer backcountry camping, but was pleasantly surprised by this Jellystone Campground while staying with a large group. I was particularly pleased with how clean the premises were, and there were many employees regularly working throughout the property. The primitive campsites (where I camped) are fairly expensive compared to most public campgrounds (state/national parks) at $42 plus tax for my small piece of ground. It came with a picnic table and a fire pit, and was nicely situated under some pines. Others in our group stayed in RV sites and several classes of cabins, and all seemed very happy with their accommodations. The better cabins seemed pretty expensive, but can accommodate a good sized family. Jellystone has a full schedule of activities (primarily geared toward younger kids, some for additional charge and some not), and the grounds include a few swimming pools, a water slide ($) a small pond ("lake") for fishing and paddle boats ($), a mini-golf course ($), snack bar, game room, a "cave mine" ($), small playground, and other amenities. The employees on check-in were very nice. The campground is very close to Luray Caverns and to the Shenandoah River (not far from several tubing/canoe outfitters, and is perhaps 5 miles from Skyline Drive.

• Stayed June 2007
Maryland
Reviewed 13 August 2006

We stayed in one of the Delux Comfort Cabins at the campground. The cabin was clean and very cute. It is a little log cabin. It had space for our family of 6 which is why we rented it as opossed to a hotel room. We were traveling to the area for a family reunion. Our children ages 9, 8, 3, and 2 loved the cabin and campground. The main drawback to the cabin was the HARD mattresses. Even the kids complained (and they can sleep anywhere). The cabin had a great view of the mountains and we enjoyed the firepit at night. Bring your own chairs to sit around the fire.
We did not have time to participate in all the activities at the campground because we spent all day saturday at the family reunion in New Market. The campground has planned activities scheduled everyday. The kids loved meeting Jogi at the raising of the camp flag in the morning.
We visited Luray Caverns, drove Skyline Drive and went to the Luay Zoo. They are all activities you must do.
We would go again. I will bring a mattress pad next time.

• Disliked — The hard beds in the cabin
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled on business
3 Thank 6infamily
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 April 2005

My family actually plans vacations at Jellystone in Luray. We have been going there for the past 13 years and have seen many changes to the campground itself. It is very organized and children friendly with different themes for each weekend. Our children were very apprehensive at first being from the Washington D. C. area and going to the "woods". The staff has always been great and helpful with everything. This was a 9 day vacation with two children beginning at the age of 9 and 10, and was the only real family time we had being from the city. No telephones, TV, or radio; just time for us to sit around a campfire, play cards, and discuss our busy lives. We enjoy Jellystone so much, we now plan family reunions there. It is a great place during the fall to take a drive along the Skyline Drive and see the colors for fall. I highly recommend this campground to anybody, even those without children.

• Stayed July 2004
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Chantilly, VA
Reviewed 23 July 2004

The campground is well run with lots of fun things for the kids (for a fee). Especially the water slide. But the miniature golf and paddle boats are fun too. Sites are wooded, but many are on a slope. Bathrooms are usually clean, but you can never tell what you will find because of inconsiderate slobs and kids. Private hot shower/changing area is nice. As a novice camper, been there two years now and look forward to visiting again and other Yogi Bear campgrounds.

• Stayed July 2004
5 Thank 3pltdad
Suburbs
Reviewed 5 July 2004

I was a little wary about booking a cabin at Jellystone Park. Thought it was going to be a little too hokey for even me. But I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed myself. We were only there for one night. It is mostly a trailer and camping place. We stayed in one of their delux cabins.... that is a stretch. They are cute little...little cabins. 2 small rooms small shower very basic. Table chairs hotplate and fridge. You really need to bring everything like you are camping. We got there in the early afternoon and they let us in. Had to pay an extra 10$ each for a slide and mini golf bracelet, but it was worth it. My kids 13,10 and myself had a blast on the slide most of the day. Cooked in and the best part of the night was sitting by the fire out front and all the kids in the world there ran around with glow lites, while I enjoyed a beer and watched the sunset and enjoyed the mountians around us. The bunks are hard, and the conditions rough... and this was in the delux cabin, but really enjoyed sitting by the fire and enjoying the mountian air. People seem to come for weeks at a time... kids love it. Would go again, or stay at another Jellystone park. Cabin was expensive for what it was... but I didn't see alot of choices in that area. You could stay somewhere else and buy a bracelet and let your kids spend the day at the pool. People were friendy and fun was had.

11 Thank horseneck
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luray
The Mimslyn Inn
Hotel Laurance
Hotel Laurance
#3 of 9 in Luray
Hampton Inn & Suites Woodstock

Been to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort Luray? Share your experiences!