“Good food”

Brookside Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 38 Restaurants in Luray
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Good food”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Good homemade food at reasonable prices. The peanut butter pie is amazing! The staff is friendly and made it a great experience.

Front Royal, Virginia
“Probably Just for Old Locals”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I ordered the Grilled Chicken Deluxe salad and an order of potato skins. The only thing I can say good about the meal is that there was no iceberg lettuce in the salad. All the greens were fancy and good. The cheese tasted fake. The chicken wasn't moist. There was not enough salad dressing. The potato skins, which were advertised as crispy, were limp and not even browned. The cheese pooled on the top was nasty. I ate half of one and dumped the rest in the trash at Food Lion. My husband ordered some "specialty" sandwich which lacked in taste. If ever in Luray again, this is one place which we will avoid.

Visited June 2014
Leesburg, Virginia
“Awesome Country Style Breakfast”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We stayed at the Brookside Cabins, which was a wonderful treat for my wife and I. We had breakfast at the Brookside Restaurant. It was a beautiful countryside and quaint restaurant. Atmosphere was very family like, and the food was outstanding, especially the pancakes and Biscuits and Gravy!! Also, our waitress, Becky, was the Best!! She took great care of us, and made us feel right at home. Thanks Becky!!!! :)

God Bless

• Visited November 2013
Earth
“Nothing interesting, just average”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We took the 8.75$ Buffet.
There are salads, vegetables, several kinds of meat and sides, and desserts.
The food was just OK.
The restaurant was clean, service was friendly.

• Visited September 2013
Wilmington, Delaware
“Finally tried it!”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I have passed this little restaurant at least 3 times a year for the past 17 years and never stopped but on a recent trip because we were staying nearby decided to try it. I was pleasantly surprised. The staff was very friendly...some of that true Southern hospitality that you hear about. The food was appealing and generous. Bottom line....it was tasty. They had a buffet the night we were there and my grand-daughter and I tried that while my son ordered from the menu. The buffet had great selections and we were quite happy. My son had parmasean chicken and pasta that was litterally enough to feed 2. All in all, Brookside restaurant made a friend and we won't pass it by again.

• Visited October 2013