“Breakfast!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
King George, Virginia
“Breakfast!”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My husband and I were on a 2 day get away and were looking for a good local restaurant! We found it in Brookside Restaurant, Luray, Va. My husband is very picky about his food-we ate breakfast and he absolutely loved everything! The eggs were cooked perfectly and all accommodations were met with smiles! The food was great and so were the waitresses! They were very informative about the area and even know people from where we were from! Small world! Would definitely be back again! Thank you Diana and Tammy for starting our day off to a great start!

• Visited July 2014
food-funva, Owner at Brookside Restaurant, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
After a crazy busy holiday weekend serving many hundreds of people I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to let others know of your experience. We've had a wonderful time greeting old friends and meeting new ones. We look forward to making everyone welcome in our little country diner. While many compliment us at the register it's especially gratifying that you take the time to register your experience for others to see. Thanks, and hope to see you again soon.

Madison, Virginia
“Family restaurant”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My husband is not big on chain type restaurants. We have been going to Brookside in Luray, Va for years. We are ALWAYS greeted with a warm smile and the service is wonderful. We have tried everything from the buffet, my husbands favorite, to ordering off the main menu. The BBQ is great as well as the steak, spaghetti and seafood. The drive to Luray is beautiful as well. So if you are a local or just passing through, stop by and have a meal or two. Vickie Sours is a true gem who has the best interest of all customers at heart. We have been their so much, when we go out to eat, if my husband turns left on 231, I know where we are headed and that is just fine by me. Good ole southern hospitality....nothing fancy and that is just fine by us.

• Visited June 2014
“Good food”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Good homemade food at reasonable prices. The peanut butter pie is amazing! The staff is friendly and made it a great experience.

Front Royal, Virginia
“Probably Just for Old Locals”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I ordered the Grilled Chicken Deluxe salad and an order of potato skins. The only thing I can say good about the meal is that there was no iceberg lettuce in the salad. All the greens were fancy and good. The cheese tasted fake. The chicken wasn't moist. There was not enough salad dressing. The potato skins, which were advertised as crispy, were limp and not even browned. The cheese pooled on the top was nasty. I ate half of one and dumped the rest in the trash at Food Lion. My husband ordered some "specialty" sandwich which lacked in taste. If ever in Luray again, this is one place which we will avoid.

Visited June 2014
Leesburg, Virginia
“Awesome Country Style Breakfast”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We stayed at the Brookside Cabins, which was a wonderful treat for my wife and I. We had breakfast at the Brookside Restaurant. It was a beautiful countryside and quaint restaurant. Atmosphere was very family like, and the food was outstanding, especially the pancakes and Biscuits and Gravy!! Also, our waitress, Becky, was the Best!! She took great care of us, and made us feel right at home. Thanks Becky!!!! :)

God Bless