“Date Night.”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My husband had the ribeye and it was good but he recommends you order one stage up from what you want. He ordered medium but it came out rare, but still good. I had grilled chicken and coconut shrimp combo that was delicious and more food than I should've eatten haha. We went on the night fundraising for breast cancer awareness and it felt like everyone was having a fun evening.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

I loved the filet mignon so much the first time we went back again 2 days later. They cooked it exactly to my liking. Baked potatoes were very hot and cooked through. Casual atmosphere and excellent service. We arrived very late for our second visit and she ensured us it was not a problem. They will serve you if you arrive before they close.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Our group of golfers made our annual visit to Luray for our golf getaway extended weekend. We visited Dan's again on Thursday, September 26th. The salads were decent but the steaks were sub par. I ordered the ribeye medium and it was served nearly cold. Everyone single person in our group of 13 indicated that this would be our last visit. Those that ordered the prime rib were severely disapointed.
Those that ordered the porterhouse actually used A-1 on them to obtain any kind of flavor. Damn shame, this place used to be really good.
Suggestion, go to the Brookside Diner instead, you will not be disapointed whether you order from the menu there or get their awesome buffet selections, and you will spend about half.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

My wife, my grandson and I stopped at the Walmart in Luray VA. to buy some groceries for our timeshare. My wife asked the lady at the checkout where a good place would be to eat. She suggested Dave's Steak House. It was getting late and trusting my wife's recommendation we went to Dave's. It was pouring rain so I guess that is why we got in so quickly. We were totally unfamiliar with Dave's so we decided to go with their specialty, steak. There was a "steak for two" on the menu. We decided that would be enough for the three of us. We were waited on immediately and had to wait a while for our "steak for two". But, when it came, I could not believe it. It was huge. I estimated it to be about three pounds. I had never even seen a cut of steak that large. It was at least one and one-half inches thick. It is just regular sirloin but it was very tasty and tender. It was slightly underdone but we were too hungry to send it back. We barely ate one-half of it and took the rest with us. We had steak for breakfast. We had steak salad and still had plenty left over. It was not the best steak I have ever eaten but it was very good. For thirty dollars it was a great bargain. The atmosphere was rustic but comfortable. It was easy to tell the many of the locals ate there and that is a good thing. I would go there again.

Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

We waited only about 10 minutes for a table but then for what seemed like an eternity for the waitress to take our drink orders. Our food took even longer but when it arrived, we were generally happy with our prime rib and sirloins.

Been to Dan's Steakhouse? Share your experiences!