“A Little Disappointing”

Dining options: Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Harrisonburg, Virginia
“A Little Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

I'd heard about Mindi's so decided to try it. I was a little disappointed with the food. It seems to me there are much better Mexican restaurants in the area. Prices were fine but the food was just okay. I might try it again just in case I caught them on an off night.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Eliz H

Maryland
“Finally tried this place out and pleasently suprised!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013

Been past here many times, never stopped because of timing. Finally decided to give it a try and was pleasantly surprised. I had white cheese dip (with jalapenos added) as appetizer. Then had a California burrito, not greasy, tasted great. To top it off had homemade strawberry pie, while not Mexican, who cares cause it was a great desert! Dealt with two different waitresses, both were very helpful and friendly. I will stop again if in the area and hungry.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank lf479
Shenandoah, Virginia
“Food Was Pretty Good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013

So it is not the prettiest girl out there. I was really surprised by just how good the food was. I look forward to coming back again!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Richard M
Luray, Virginia, United States
“No Bueno”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2012

This is not a Mexican restaurant. It is a place trying to be. The food was basically homemade attempts at Mexican food. My tostada was made of greay meat and canned beans on a big corn totilla. My husband had nachos that were super greasy and were nothing you wouldn't find at a county fair. If you want real Mexican food go two miles to the other end of town and visit Rancho's!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Jennifer C
SILVER SPRING
“Surprisingly Really Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012

The restaurant doesn't look terribly impressive from the outside, but my wife is vegan/vegetarian whenever she gets the chance, so we thought mexican was the best bet in the area. We were very pleasantly surprised with Mindi's. Our waiter was very friendly, offered some good suggestions, and even came back to our table with a vegetarian suggestion that had just finished cooking in the kitchen. They had a good selection of food, everything we tried was delicious, Dominion root beer on tap, and the prices were very reasonable. We grabbed a slice of pumpkin cheesecake for the road to finish off the meal. I highly recommend Mindi's and, if we find ourselves in Luray again, it'll be tops on our list for restaurants.

• Visited October 2012