“A great base for exploring Shenadoah Valley”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of KOA Luray

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Luray
KOA Luray
Ranked #5 of 15 Speciality Lodging in Luray
Alexandria, Virginia
“A great base for exploring Shenadoah Valley”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Sheltered in the scenic Shenandoah Valley just north of Luray, VA, this KOA campground is one of the loveliest we've encountered. The sites (rv, trailer, tent), are well laid out and spacious and surround a large common area. The grounds are well maintained as is the bath house. It has a nice pool and for dog lovers, a large, fenced-in dog run (with many trees). This was our second trip to this KOA, and we plan future visits.

The town of Luray, Luray Caverns, Food Lion, and Walmart are an easy 5 minute drive. You can be on Skyline Drive in about 20 minutes.

On the downside - with only two each sink, toilet, and shower, there can be a bit of a backup at the bathhouse each morning. The pool, dog park and most of the tent spaces are at the base of a hill - for the tenters, that would make for an annoying climb for each trip to the bathhouse. And, surrounded as the park is by pasture, flies can be a nuisance.

Room Tip: This park really caters to RV'ers. Although the tent spaces are very tidy, they have no shade o...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DOD56

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Winchester, Virginia
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I only had the pleasure of staying here for 3 days but it was absolutely beautiful! The view was amazing. Grounds were extremely well kept. Our spot had a stone patio with a glass table and metal chairs, and the second stone patio down in the grass also had a couple of chairs and a built in fire ring and an umbrella. I was amazed at how upscale it was. There was a pool and a little store and tons of grounds to roam around on and take pictures of the beautiful scenery. The staff were all very pleasant and I would recommend this campground to anyone!

Stayed July 2014
Goode, Virginia
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed here in our RV for 6 days. Got a pull through with the mountain view. Wonderful place. Loved the shaded dog park and swimming pool. Bath houses were very clean. Gravel roads, but no dust.
Cows on one side of park, sheep and llama on the other side. The rabbits coming out of the field every morning kept my pup entertained. I would recommend this park. Too bad the prices are high.
This KOA gives you plenty of space between sites, unlike others that pack you in.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

What an unexpected gem for a first time KOA stay! A lovely Swiss couple owns the property, including our cabin which had hints of a Swiss chalet. Very accommodating, beautiful views, great location; can't be beat. Thought we were staying with friends.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank fig_dawg
winchester va
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Let me first say I had no REAl complaints...just took a little getting used to.
I... I usually camp "primitive" but they only had 5 or 6 and none available. So did water / elec hook..water across field. not too far, but far enough.
2..bathrooms and shower up 1 heck of a hill ( glad I pack my own potty)
3... I am a "solo" female camper (African American) and Roosters crowing
at 5:30 and again at & 7:00 am took some getting used too ( but kinda sweet : )
4... I use a 6-8 person tent "girlfriend got stuff"...lol, but was too large for pad so pitched in grass behind pad...waaayyyy to close to fence...only time I substandard a injury ( barbed wire no less)
5..LOVED the picnic table w/ overhead sun screen...had I be able to pitch on pad...table, elec outlets & fire ring would have been PERFECT distance of each other.
6... the WIFI worked well no problems.
7...Not much of a view in the "tenting " area...unless you like LIMA"S.
8...I will not be returning...not because it was alwful...but because it was kind of boring...I like "water views" but mostly because I could hear the husbands/boyfriends on either side of me SNORING...the sites are THAT CLOSE!!!

While I prefer to be near others (as I camp alone) this was entirely TOO CLOSE!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank juicysmc
Louisa, Virginia
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We camped here on Aug. 16, 17 and 18, 2013. This is not our first visit and we do like to camp here. It is a neat, clean campground. To call it a Resort is a bit of an overstatement. This campground recently became affiliated with KOA and the only thing that changed was the PRICE $$$. Very overpriced. The pool is small and located away from the campground at the bottom of the hill with no parking area for cars. The sites are good size but gravel. The interior roads are gravel. The wi fi is very slow, it is so slow we don't use it. There is no cable TV. The water pressure was 25 to 30 psi. It is clean and quiet. This is certainly not a RESORT!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank rallyhost
Oakdale, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed 20 August 2013

My wife and I were traveling from CT through VATo Asheville, NC and decided to stop at Luray Caverns. I picked the KOA Kampground to spend the night. What a great choice! The site was clean, well-maintained, level and set in a wonderful location. The grounds were great and spacious. A large open field in the middle with nice sites all around it. We only spent one night but really enjoyed the experience.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luray
The Mimslyn Inn
#4 of 9 in Luray
Days Inn Luray Shenandoah
Quality Inn Shenandoah Valley
BEST WESTERN Intown Luray

Been to KOA Luray? Share your experiences!