“Clean and great customer service!”
Review of The Cardinal Inn

The Cardinal Inn
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Luray
Reviewed 28 July 2013

If you are looking for fancy decorations and name brand toiletries this is not your place. It's a little dated, but it is definitely clean! Even down to the grout on the blue and black tiles in the bathroom. We were given a military discount and even without the discount it's a great deal. The man and the desk was very hospitable and even came out to tell me good morning. He has a pretty heavy accent and at times was a bit hard to understand, but such a sweet man! It's located right next to a shell so you can walk over if you forgot something like I always do. Overall great place. The only thing I missed was a coffee pot, but again you can always walk next door I the shell and get yourself a cup there.

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

The room was very clean. Front desk was very helpful even to the point where my phone wasn't working and he offered his phone and later forwarded any calls to my room late in the evening. Outstanding stay would definitely go back.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 14 July 2013

The first thing I do when I enter a hotel, is check the bedding. Amenities are not my priority, I prefer a simple room that is clean. It is a bit dated, but I was satisfied with our room in this hotel. The mattress was not the most comfortable, but it was sufficient and there were no signs of bugs anywhere. The room and bathroom are spacious. The bathroom had a long countertop with a mirror above the entire length... a nice bonus traveling with teen girls! There was a fridge and microwave, but no hair dryer. The air conditioner was older, but worked well. My computer said that I was connected to their wi-fi, but I couldn't get an internet connection? I didn't ask the office for help so I'm not sure what was wrong. We did not see a pool anywhere, although the front sign mentioned a jacuzzi... we did NOT look for that. Ice is only available at certain hours... I couldn't get any at 8:00am.
As I was opening the curtains about 7:30am, I noticed a train going by in the back of the hotel, but I didnt hear it until after I saw it.
There is a movie theater 1 mile down the road and a fantastic coffee shop next door to that... The Gathering Grounds. Luray Caverns was a couple more miles down.
As we drove around, it seemed like we made a good choice for the price range. There was a place nearby with a large "M" mowed into the grass, but it looked like an expensive country club. Otherwise, the Cardinal Inn was a good choice for us and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2013

The room was very clean and nice. The person that checked us in was very Accommodating,polite and helpful. I will highly recommend to stay at this motel. The room that I stayed had a tiny small kitchen and it was very useful

Room Tip: Th rooms on right are very nice and on left are nice too
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2013

The facility may be a little dated but our Suite was perfect for us.
Private bungalow type room in the back.
Wonderful screened patio overlooking green grass and trees.
BBQ place across the street does takeout, We didn't want to leave our patio.
Located in the quit part of town, yet close enough to the caverns and the skyline drive.
I would stay there again.

Room Tip: The spa tub was nice.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2013

My wife and I spent two comfortable nights at the Cardinal Inn, going to and coming from both Shenandoah National Park and Luray Caverns. The inn is conveniently located for both attractions, as well as conveniences in town. The motel is situated away from the busier part of town, making it rather quiet as well. The management was very friendly and the two different rooms we stayed in were quite clean and comfortable. We will definitely stay at the Cardinal Inn again, if we are in the area.

Gerry & Lynne L.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank australia08_9
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I stayed for 2 nights and had a King Room to myself. Very reasonably priced for what you get. Its not modern but very clean and tidy and the room had everything I needed. Including a microwave and a fridge which enabled me to make my own breakfast each morning. A nice part of town and easy access to Shenandoah NP.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luray
Days Inn Luray Shenandoah
Hotel Laurance
#3 of 9 in Luray
Holiday Inn Express Woodstock / Shenandoah Valley
Hampton Inn & Suites Woodstock

Been to The Cardinal Inn? Share your experiences!