“Perfect Get Away”
River access cabin with beautiful mountain views
Go fishing or canoeing right from the property (you cannot see the river from the house) Spacious living room w/ fireplace and hi-def TV
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
River access cabin with beautiful mountain views
Spacious living room w/ fireplace and hi-def TV
Tournament size pool table in game room
Beautiful king master bedroom with armoire & HDTV
Large hot tub with 40 jets
Full kitchen including dishwasher
Tournament size ping pong & foosball tables
Huge campfire pit
2nd bedroom with queen and twin beds & HDTV
3rd bedroom with queen and twin bunks & HDTV
Fully laundry service
2 large canoes w/ oars and life jackets
Outdoor grill
Unlimited firewood
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

curisrob
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Perfect Get Away”
Reviewed 22 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

My friends and I love these cabins. The pace of everything that comes with living and working in Washington, D.C. can be exhausting. We'd go insane if we didn't get out of the city every now and then and unplug. We've been going back to these cabins once or twice a year for the past few five years now and they've been a god send.

The kitchen has everything we need to make ourselves a big family style dinner every evening and the huge dvd collection gives us a chance to revisit a bunch of old favorites instead of our usual Netflix binges.

The hot tub and campfire outside are great for late evenings to sit around with each other and chat without the distractions of our cell phones distracting us.

The staff is always helpful. On our last trip we had a pilot light go out but they had someone over right away to fix and when another member of our group left some things behind they found them right away and shipped them back to us.

10/10 would recommend to everyone trying to get out of the city and unplug.

Sightseer...
“Getaway trip for me and the wife.”
Reviewed 18 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

The house had everything we could possibly need. The Hot tub and fire pit was a nice touch. The only thing that bothered me was the bugs were very bad this time of year, so hanging out by the river really didn't happen. If I would have brought the fishing pole I might have, but the wife wasn't having it. Overall very nice and secluded location.

Your age range 35-49
20 Oct 2017
Thanks for the review! Loved you had a nice secluded time! You're right about the gnats by the river. There are a couple small times per year where they come out. But that tends to be pretty rare. Hope to see you again!
Kenneth C
“Horrible experience and customer service”
Reviewed 13 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

The place wasn't clean so we ended canceling and going else where and he said he would gives us a full refund and I kept getting emails none stop with threats toward my disabled wife and my business and he also said the next day he not giving back a refund and I had no choice but to stay there I have all the emails and he hasn't stopped yet I contacted the place I booked with and let them know about everything it's very unprofessional to call people names and make threats and run a place like this and took a deposit before I checked in if $200.00. Which he said he would refund but hasn't yet even after I never checked in. The place I booked thru is helping to get that back and a full refund after my experience on my 4th wedding anniversary that is now ruined after all this that happend with this place and people were staying there and so many excuses and next day send a email your all good after I cancelled after this nightmare and threatend me and my wife for the review we left. They take your money before you check in and don't care about there customers and how they treat them

18 Aug 2017
THIS PERSON DID NOT ACTUALLY STAY AT OUR PROPERTY. It's hard to know what to respond to first here... This individual has been extremely irrational and dishonest in everything they've done. This is one of many negative spam reviews by the same person. They have been harassing us with negative spam reviews even after we tried helping them. I have formally filed a complaint with Google and other listing sites about the reviews they left because it is off topic (they are reviewing a property they did not stay at) and for spam (they have left multiple). The husband and wife both left reviews from different email addresses. It's unfortunate that it's not easier to file information showing that a non-customer is defaming you to get things like this removed. The internet has made it possible for nasty low-brow people like this to reach out and quickly harm someone else's reputation. If you would like proof of who this person is and the defamation campaign they went on to hurt our reputation, please contact us directly through our website and we'll provide more details.
silviodj6...
Madison, Missouri
“Mens getaway”
Reviewed 5 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Overal was a great time...the house/cabin was clean and had plenty of space. Kitchen had everything we needed to cook we pretty much made every meal there. The river was maybe 150-200yards away so not too bad. We made great use of the boats available and pool table in the rec room. Only two complaints including the grill not cooking very well only two areas really cooked and the rec room was ungodly hot the portable ac unit was not nearly efficient enough to cool the area so we just opened the garage door. That did not stop us from having a blast! Overall highly recommend and would stay here again!

9 Jul 2017
Thanks for the review. In the super hot days of summer (90+) it can be hot in the garage area.
mlramsc
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Perfect space and activities for four Adult Seblings Looking to spend time with each other”
Reviewed 4 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017

The house was perfect for us four adult siblings who like to get together once a year for a three night visit. The house was simple, spacious,clean, every kitchen gadget and plenty to do right there. We love that we didn't feel like we would go broke if we broke something. We have stayed in places that we tip toed around. The space inside was perfect now that we are Seniors, we chose not to do outside activities and so we played pool, ping pong and card games. We loved taking LONG peaceful walks twice a day in the neighborhood. We spent most of our time out on the deck (weather was beautiful:) and my Sister spent much time in the hot tub. We would like to ask the owners to put an umbrella on the back porch so we could get out of the sun. We come up to Shenandoah every year and it seems we will be spending more time at the house than out hiking now days, so the umbrella would make staying outside much more pleasant. All in all, we will definetly look at renting this place again for next year. I loved the comfortable King Bed I shared with my Sister even though I still found her sideways at the bottom in the morning and never even woke up all night:) GREAT PLACE TO STAY FOR SPACE, LOCATION and THINGS TO DO RIGHT AT HOME WHILE YOU VISIT!!!!!

Sarah S
Yangon Region, Myanmar
“Wonderful quiet weekend”
Reviewed 8 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

Bear Meadows is very private and the walk down to the river is quite lovely. My dog and I spent a quiet weekend away so I could catch up on some writing. Heard in the neighborhood that it wasn't a great idea to walk up the road as some neighbors had some aggressive dogs that roam around so that was kind of a bummer. We walked the other way instead. The hot tub on the cold starry nights was really lovely. The other lack of lights is amazing and you can see so many stars in the sky. Otherwise we enjoyed sitting inside the sun-filled cabin during the day and in front of the fireplace at night.

9 Mar 2017
Thanks for coming out, Sarah. Please come back soon!
thedjphen...
Reston, Virginia
“Would like to have rated it higher but lack of communication on pricing and missing booking time were drawbacks.”
Reviewed 16 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017

My wife and I booked for a quiet getaway in the foothills of the Blue Ridge and for that the stay was all we could have asked for. Hot tub, firepit, wireless internet... these amenities were what was to be expected with no complaints, actually raves for these. On property alone we would have rated "very good" to "excellent".

Our only complaint about the property itself is that the shower heads could be updated. With hard water (as to be expected in the mountains) the shower head and pressure were extremely difficult to get soap cleaned off. We stopped filling the soaker tub after 10 minutes produced a very small amount of water.

Our biggest issue came first in the pricing. With trip advisor, VRBO and AirBNB all having the property listed, we expected the booking price to be similar or the same, however, since I booked with AirBnB first, I noticed I paid more than $80 a night more than avertised on the Shenandoah rentals site. When I emailed this question immediately following booking (which is when the internet site was offered to compare pricing) to ask if I should cancel with AirBnb to book directly, no response.

To add to this frustration, the cabin is in poor cell and internet reception so I didn't receive an email asking for a renter agreement until arriving at the cabin and then driving to a signal location to figure out why we hadn't received lockbox code yet. I received a call from a pleasant staffer who handled that relatively quickly but after over paying it was another frustrating incident.

We paid a cleaning fee but were still asked to clean the rental of dishes and to take our trash with us which we did. Still, after the cost, these were just added frustrations.

I would recommend the property, but check all options on booking to pay fairly and suggest an update to the shower heads/water pressure in them.

18 Feb 2017
We had a number of problems with this individual who goes by "Scuba". He disregarded a number of houses rules, leaving 1.5 hours late while our cleaning staff wait, even though it clearly states on Airbnb and in signs all over the house that check-out is 11am. He damaged an expensive stainless steel cooking pan (pics attached). We worked on it a long time but couldn't fix it. He also lost or took 2 pool cues. This is a standard item we count on our post-booking checklist and 2 were gone. Pool cues are not something we would simply "not be able to find" - they are large and obvious items. He also only paid for 2 adults but there were 5 beds used, so he brought extra people along that weren't paid for. I would also like him to pay for the extra guests that he brought and the fact that he left 1.5 hours late making our cleaning staff wait. He then has the nerve to leave bad reviews stating that we didn't answer the phone which isn't true. When he called, we quickly and promptly sent him what he needed. He was a last minute booking who came into a cabin about 24 hours after he booked. And he's reviewing a property negatively because a DIFFERENT WEBSITE gave him a higher rate? What does the rate have to do with the property? Reviews should be about the property, not what you paid. If he didn't want to pay that amount, why did he finalize and pay? Also, Airbnb charge higher service fees and rates than other websites - and our rates are higher there because of the fees they charge the host. I'm blown away that he would rate a property (which he himself says was great) as negative because he paid a higher rate on a different website.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing