“Charming Cafe”

Gathering Grounds
Ranked #1 of 38 Restaurants in Luray
Price range: US$8 - US$11
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Cheap Eats, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Now open at our new location!! We offer a unique dining experience: serving breakfast, gourmet sandwiches, soups and salads with a full-service espresso bar, homemade pastries and pies in a relaxing atmosphere. Wine and beer - on and off. Open 7 days a week.
Springfield, Virginia
“Charming Cafe”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Six of us stopped for lunch at this lovely cafe on Main Street in Luray. The staff were very welcoming and our meals were excellent. The Versailles (a grilled chicken panini with tomatoes, mushrooms and honey mustard sauce) was delicious. The tomato basil soup was perfectly seasoned, and the Mandarin Orange and Pecan Salad was wonderfully fresh. It's a fantastic spot to relax and "hang out" (there is free Wi-Fi if needed). Also: There's a great selection of local beers (Starr Hill & Devil's Backbone) and the pastries are to die for.

• Visited November 2013

Washington DC
“Great place for lunch”
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch while in town to see the caverns. The sandwiches were great and the lemon chess pie was outstanding. Service was friendly and efficient. My only complaint is the tomato basil soup was a little on the sweet side. Would definitely go again.

Lancaster
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“wonderful treat with great staff”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

a warm, inviting restaurant aptly named. Food is great. Staff is friendly. Wonderful gluten-free bread home-made! best I have ever eaten. Chef even shared recipe with us. Environment makes it easy to see why it is a popular restaurant for locals who come in with lap-tops and enjoy breakfast or dinner. We had breakfast and lunch and enjoyed both each time we came. - not open for dinner.

• Visited October 2013
Cordova, Maryland
“Great atmosphere and food!!!”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

My husband and I stopped by for breakfast. Great waitress and delicious food. Looked the atmosphere!

• Visited November 2013
Kentucky
“Cute Place, Average Lunch, Sloooooow Service”
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

So my sister and I pop in this cute little place for lunch. We have been out roaming the mountains along Skyline Drive for the day and are starving. We each ordered a simple sandwich and chips. I had tuna salad and she had chicken salad both on a warm fresh croissant. The bread was very good, the salads were average. We both ordered what we thought would be quick sandwiches - wrong! The sandwiches took 27 minutes to arrive at our table. We ordered a piece of coconut layer cake for dessert, it was absolutely delicious. The cake took an additional 14 mins to arrive. The waitress came and told us the delay was because the kitchen was trying to decide how to cut the cake. I told our waitress "with a knife" was a good plan. My sister ordered coffee, the coffee came without cream and sugar accompaniments - REALLY???? Who serves coffees with out cream and sugar? On a positive note the restaurant was EXTREMELY clean and the cake was divine. If service had been expeditious and more friendly I would have rated my experience more positively! I may return if I am ever that way again, but it will be for the cake only.

1 Thank BlueCricket

Been to Gathering Grounds? Share your experiences!