“quick bite”

Ranked #2 of 39 Restaurants in Luray
Price range: US$8 - US$11
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Now open at our new location!! We offer a unique dining experience: serving breakfast, gourmet sandwiches, soups and salads with a full-service espresso bar, homemade pastries and pies in a relaxing atmosphere. Wine and beer - on and off. Open 7 days a week.
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Friendly staff and very good food for the price. Loved the atmosphere of the place. Get the Chocolate Chess if you like chocolate pies!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

While visiting Luray Caverns, we decided to have lunch downtown. After walking around the Main Street, we chose Gathering Gounds. It was a small quaint restaurant with an extensive menu. The waitress told us the specials and we chose a panini and soup. Both were served quickly and were very good. We also had a mocha and dessert. The coconut cream pie was by far the best part of the meal. There seemed to be a lot of locals there which is always a good sign.

1  Thank Jennie J
Reviewed 26 April 2014

A cute little restaurant in town where we had a nice breakfast and left with some great pastries! Charming service topped it off!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stopped in for lunch while traveling through Luray. This is a casual coffee/library atmosphere with very good food. The portions are more than adequate and the prices for all sandwiches were below $10 with most in the $6 to $8 range. Service was very good also. Definitely will return.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

This place is adorable! And clean. And has great food. And has a great atmosphere! I LOVED this restaurant! My husband, 2 kids (ages 8 and 5) and I were visiting Luray Caverns and checked out reviews for a place to eat. We found this place and loved it.

The food was fabulous and fresh. The kids menu has 4 things on it: PBJ, grilled cheese, ham and cheese and a hot dog. My kids ordered hot dogs. They were warm and fine for a hot dog but the buns were cold. My husband ordered a wrap, which I liked better than my chicken breast on a roll, so I ate his instead. Our food was fresh off the grill, warm and yummy. They have homemade pies which looked amazing, but I didn't order any to go, and regretted it all night long. They have a coffee bar with all sorts of drink selections and other desserts too.

If I had a complaint, it would be that by the end of our lunch, they were packed and though our waitress was working HARD, it took 15 minutes from the time we paid, until she brought our credit card back to us. We waited patiently, no big deal, but it seemed a little extreme. Since it was evident she was hustling, we didn't say anything and just waited.

I would LOVE to go back to try some pie, desserts, more food, etc etc. It is a MUST try if you're in the area!!!