“Great Sandwiches”

West Main Street Market
Ranked #3 of 39 Restaurants in Luray
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Good place to go after visiting the caverns. Great deli sandwiches. The shop is small, but clean inside. Also offering wine, cheese, deli.

There are newer reviews for West Main Street Market

Reviewed 25 June 2014

This place was recommended by Monty of Cabin Creek Roasters who operates the coffee shop in New Market. Stonewall cafe or something along those lines is the name of it.
We took his advice and stopped and ordered a couple of sandwiches. Both were tasty mine being the Asiago Chicken and Pats the Ham and Brie. We had a couple of sodas orange and Black Cherry.
They have a little outdoor seating which we took advantage of. Indoor seating is limited with about 20 seats.
A popular place as we saw everyone form hospital workers, Board of Ed maintenance crew, business folks and a family as well.

1  Thank FirstSam
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Went to this place with my boyfriend recently and I had been telling him how great the food is and I had been desiring to go back. After we arrived I was able to order within a couple of minutes. The cashier just looked at my boyfriend and resumed doing some other work, never bothered asking him if he was ordering anything, or even just to say 'hi, sir.' We both waited patiently for her to finish a task so that he could order. A gentleman enters the store while we are waiting for her to take my boyfriend's order and she greets the new gentleman, 'hi, can I help you?'...I immediately brought her attention back to the ORIGINAL customer by telling her he was waiting to order and she replies, 'oh! I thought he was with you.' She takes the order and he specifically asks for regular mustard. We waited for our order and then took it home with us. He found out there wasn't regular mustard on his order but horseradish mustard when he had specifically stated REGULAR mustard. I felt a little embarrassed that I raved so much about this place only to have the cashier and his sandwich pretty much contradict me. What I almost told this cashier when she made her 'oh! I thought he was with you' comment was, "Yes, he is with me. But it would have been polite to look at him and ask, 'what can I get for you, sir?'" instead of continuing with your work and then addressing a new guest as they came in. It would also be a great idea to mention that your mustard is horseradish when someone specifically asks for REGULAR.

We will return, just not any time soon and if we have this same experience again, with the lack of customer service and lack of information, then it is likely it will be much longer in between visits if we go back at all.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Need a quick sandwich but want to stay away from fast food. Go to West Main Street Market and let Bill make you one of his fresh, custom-made sandwiches. I have gone there enough to have tried just about everyone on the menu and they are all consistently great. Want mustard instead of mayo, no problem, just let them know. Did you know West Main caters, and not only sandwiches. Next time you are thinking of having a party and don't want to cook. Talk to Bill, his food is great, fresh and reasonable.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stopped in here after some weekend hiking on the Appalachian Trail in Shenandoah National Park. It was highly recommended by the locals and now I can see why. They have a huge sandwich selection and everything was made fresh. We got different sandwiches and they were big and delicious. Great place to stop with quick friendly service! They also had a limited selection of local foods, beers, and wines.