“Amazing gallery with something for everyone”

Warehouse Art Gallery
Ranked #11 of 30 things to do in Luray
Reviewed 20 March 2012

This is one of our favorite places to stop when we visit Luray. It is located in an old warehouse, and has many rooms filled with paintings, prints, sculpture, photography, pottery, jewelry, stained glass and more. I think most of them are by local or regional artists. This is one of the most unusual galleries I have ever been in, because of the variety of media, styles, and prices (which range from something I can afford to what looks to me like world-class art.)
We've been visiting Luray several times a year now since 2006, and the quality of the art work seems to get better every year. I like the beautiful floral paintings, my husband likes the photography and sculpture, and our now college age children always enjoyed the funky things that are scattered throughout the gallery.
The gallery is about a block off of Main Street across from the Visitor Center. The main office is heated and has AC, but the warehouse part can get cold during the winter so bring your coat. The only complaint I have is that the hours fluctuate, particularly in the winter, so call first to see if they are open.

7  Thank Timothy R