“Awesome place to see and purchase art”

Warehouse Art Gallery
Ranked #11 of 30 things to do in Luray
Reviewed 16 September 2013

My wife and i were visiting Luray and had been to the Warehouse Arts Center years ago when they were just starting out. Let me just say WOW(!)have they grown up! There was a wide array of art for every taste and it was.diaplayed beautifully in the very cool warehouse. We werent intending to buy art but couldnt resist purchasing a wonderful painting for our anniversary.

2  Thank davidheatwole

Reviewed 17 June 2013

Great variety of artwork for every taste and budget. From extra large sculpted pieces to furniture, jewelry, pottery, photography. All done by local artists or artists with a local connection. Ultra modern, classic styles, as wide a variety as you could imagine. The lady running it was very nice, not at all pushy. The interior of the building is terrific as well.

3  Thank Gary S
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I wasn't expecting the range of art they have in here. Don't just stop in the little shop at the front door...keep going! Metal sculpture, clothing, jewelry, chairs made from leather belts! and lots of painted artworks. Very interesting pieces throughout.

3  Thank jean_likes_maine
Reviewed 20 March 2012

This is one of our favorite places to stop when we visit Luray. It is located in an old warehouse, and has many rooms filled with paintings, prints, sculpture, photography, pottery, jewelry, stained glass and more. I think most of them are by local or regional artists. This is one of the most unusual galleries I have ever been in, because of the variety of media, styles, and prices (which range from something I can afford to what looks to me like world-class art.)
We've been visiting Luray several times a year now since 2006, and the quality of the art work seems to get better every year. I like the beautiful floral paintings, my husband likes the photography and sculpture, and our now college age children always enjoyed the funky things that are scattered throughout the gallery.
The gallery is about a block off of Main Street across from the Visitor Center. The main office is heated and has AC, but the warehouse part can get cold during the winter so bring your coat. The only complaint I have is that the hours fluctuate, particularly in the winter, so call first to see if they are open.

7  Thank Timothy R