“LOVED IT!”

Warehouse Art Gallery
Ranked #9 of 23 things to do in Luray
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

I saw this on Trip Advisor and decided to check it out last week when we spent two nights in Luray. I really enjoyed wandering around the large rooms of art. There was a nice variety and the woman at the desk was so friendly and nice. I'll definitely go back to this gallery if I'm ever in Luray again!

All reviews
"media"
"showcase"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 7 August 2017

Great place for eclectic art! We had a wonderful time just wandering around the place ---it is really neat to see local artwork !

Reviewed 15 May 2017

I believe this place is located in an old grocery store or market. Local artist have there work though out this fine old building. They are suppose to have or do have some live music there and I believe it's on weds. nights and I think it's free. You can rent some space there for a wedding reception or private party also. Plenty of things to see and I believe it's all for sale. A hidden gem in small town America.

1  Thank Dogpilot
Reviewed 24 April 2017

We stopped at the Warehouse Art Gallery because it was raining so we postponed our hike in the Shenandoah National Park. (The Gallery is in nearby Luray, not the Park itself, of course.) It turned out to be one of the highlights of our trip. I loved the warehouse space, which felt homey but expansive, with wooden floors that "talked" as we walked around. The local schools had exhibits up, and I commented to my husband how wonderful it would be if our community had this kind of venue to showcase student art, rather than hanging it on the wall of the school cafeteria. Even more impressive: much of the art for sale in the gallery was something I would want to look at again and again, and some I really coveted. (This cannot be said of many galleries I enter.) I particularly loved the art by Ray Byram and Michael Dean. Byram's work is self-described as "American Neo-Impressionism." His landscapes capture the beauty of the Blue Ridge and the forests of the Eastern U.S. in a non-cliched way. Dean's paintings formed the backdrop to the stage, so I gazed at them while listening to the musical performance taking place when we arrived. The more I looked at them, the more I loved the vibrant, overstated colors of his New Mexico landscapes. And by the way, the singer was fabulous! Steven Adler. No, not of Guns 'N Roses. This Steven Adler sang folk and country, and he was so good I stopped browsing and sat down and listened to him for about forty minutes. (Again, not something I usually do.) I was told that at one time he was a regular on the Perry Como show, and that he cut two albums with his own band. He needs to cut a new album, is what I say. So to sum it up: a stop at the Warehouse Art Gallery is worth your time. If I were local, I'd be a regular!

2  Thank LIsa R