“A delicious mess”

Ranked #2 of 38 Restaurants in Luray
Price range: US$6 - US$24
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Arlington, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A delicious mess”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

There is something to be said for doing a simple item extremely well. Real family business with a bunch of kids running around. No fuss bbq with excellent smoked chicken and delicious sauces. Real ten napkin fare...and I wouldnt have it any other way.

1 Thank Matthew P

Rehoboth, Massachusetts
“A diamond in the rough!”
Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

This place is incredible! We had the pulled pork and it was lean and smokey...yummy! My husband raved about the baked beans. It is easy to see why this is number one!

1 Thank Susan B
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great visit, wonderful staff”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We had a fantastic time here and staff/owners were great!! We shared the sampler platter and it was wonderful. The pulled pork was so tender and the ribs fell off the bone. The selection of sauces allowed us to vary to taste (Carolina style vs sweeter)
More over we were there during the closure of the park and the owner/staff were amazing, giving us suggestions of other places to go/hike which were spot on!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“I drive from DC for the BBQ”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I have been to this place numerous times, and the bbq never fails to impress me. Pulled pork and ribs are awesome. Also have amazing smoked turkey in the fall. The best part is the plethora of amazing homemade bbq sauces. Mustard-based bbq sauce - yes please!!

In addition to mind-blowingly awesome bbq the owner is super friendly. Just overall a fantastic experience that I go out of my way to have (two hours to be exact!!).

The sweet potato pie is a must try too!

Manassas, Virginia, United States
“I have had bettter I have had worse”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

It is very close to Luray caverns. You will be eating outside. We had three pulled pork sandwiches and one sausage. The pulled pork itself is good but the bun and bbq sauce are nothing special. The service was good and the staff were friendly. A combo meal of sandwich, chips, and drink is about $9.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Marcia M

Been to Triple Crown BBQ? Share your experiences!