“BBQ at Luray”

Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Silver Spring, Maryland
“BBQ at Luray”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We had the sampler and it did not disappoint! The meats are very tender, tasty, and juicy. We went when they just opened so there weren't that many flies yet, as I read in other reviews. But flies or no flies, definitely try them out for excellent barbecue.

Visited July 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Springfield, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent BBQ and Service”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We had Triple Crown BBQ cater our son's wedding rehearsal dinner. Joanne and John Coleman were very accommodating and exceptional to work with. Our food was ready on time, wonderfully delicious, and enjoyed by all! I highly recommend Triple Crown BBQ for take-out catering or drop in for excellent BBQ with all the fixins!

1 Thank Cheryl H
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Go for the ribs”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

First, you should know that you are looking for a semi-permanent food truck with maybe five picnic tables. That is the setup. Nothin' fancy here.

I went for dinner here with my husband one day and tried several of the meats.

The ribs were divine- my favorite by far. I wasn't a big fan of the sliced beef, which was a bit tough and not very flavorful. I also thought the pulled pork was lacking in seasoning. Pretty much all their sauces were on the sweet side for me, but I know that's a plus for a lot of people!

I also got a truly spectacular slice of chocolate pie.

The owner was really nice and we'd go back for sure.

• Visited May 2014
“Best bbq I've had in ages and great service”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I've never been one to write an online review, but after eating here I have to say that everything was amazing. I stopped here with my dad after touring the caverns because of the reviews I had read and they were definitely accurate. We ordered the pulled pork, baked beans and coleslaw and it was all amazing. The only reason that I couldn't rate it all five stars is because of the flies outside, but I've noticed that there are flies all over town at this time of year so we just accepted it and took our food to go. The owners are very welcoming and make an effort to make sure you have a great experience. Will definitely be returning.

Jamestown, North Carolina
“overrated”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stopped here for dinner after spending a day at Luray Caverns. The food was overpriced. The ribs were tough. There are picnic tables outside, which is great, but there were flies everywhere. This was a terrible experience. Avoid this place.

1 Thank Beth G