“Meaty ribs”

Ranked #1 of 39 Restaurants in Luray
Price range: US$6 - US$24
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Family owned and operated. Authentically on site smoked meats featuring Virginia pork and poultry, as well as tri tip beef sirloin. We also offer hand crafted side items. Gluten free choices, and a variety of sauces. Dine under our umbrella covered picnic tables or grab and go. Large party orders available to suit your buffet needs. Open late April-Thanksgiving. We look forward to your visit!
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Meaty ribs with a choice of sauces. The ribs were very tender. The ribs were a little pricey. The tables were clean and no trash but the flies were terrible.

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

I've been eating here for several years & it's truly authentic BBQ! Slow cooked for hours! Quick & easy! A must try!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We had the sampler and it did not disappoint! The meats are very tender, tasty, and juicy. We went when they just opened so there weren't that many flies yet, as I read in other reviews. But flies or no flies, definitely try them out for excellent barbecue.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We had Triple Crown BBQ cater our son's wedding rehearsal dinner. Joanne and John Coleman were very accommodating and exceptional to work with. Our food was ready on time, wonderfully delicious, and enjoyed by all! I highly recommend Triple Crown BBQ for take-out catering or drop in for excellent BBQ with all the fixins!

1  Thank Cheryl H
Reviewed 30 June 2014

First, you should know that you are looking for a semi-permanent food truck with maybe five picnic tables. That is the setup. Nothin' fancy here.

I went for dinner here with my husband one day and tried several of the meats.

The ribs were divine- my favorite by far. I wasn't a big fan of the sliced beef, which was a bit tough and not very flavorful. I also thought the pulled pork was lacking in seasoning. Pretty much all their sauces were on the sweet side for me, but I know that's a plus for a lot of people!

I also got a truly spectacular slice of chocolate pie.

The owner was really nice and we'd go back for sure.

Been to Triple Crown BBQ? Share your experiences!