“Lots of neat items!!”
Review of Shenandoah Moon

Shenandoah Moon
Ranked #2 of 14 Shopping in Luray
More attraction details
Owner description: Shenandoah Moon specializes in clothing, jewelry and accessories that reflect today's growing interest in global textiles. Our selection of hand-dyed batik clothing from Indonesia, silk and cotton jackets from India, and jewelry and other accessories from around the world is stylish and affordable. If you're looking for something "Shenandoah Valley Made", you'll find jewelry, candles, soap, yarn, and more from more than two dozen local artists, plus a wide selection of beads and findings. Sign up for a jewelry making or fabric dyeing class, book a private party with four or more, or just drop-in to make a memento of your visit. Shenandoah Moon is located in the basement of the historic Fitch/Long building, c.1880, Which is adorned by artistic moons, stars, and shutters. Open during winter Thursday through Saturday 11 a.m. to 5 p.m..
Reviewed 4 August 2013

The shop was suppose to have already been closed but we walked in anyway and the owner greeted us and made us feel welcome and not rushed at all. Great jewelry, handmade by local artists as well as scarves, cute sweaters and sun type dresses and shirts. The owner also teaches classes and will do jewelry type making parties for ladies nights. I would highly recommend checking it out for anyone, men you can find a great little gift here as well, all type of price points so stop in!!! Also lotions and a few items for men.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

Great shop, super nice owner. Shop has a variety of stuff and lots of beadwork supplies. If you're like me and have a wife or significant other into beading you know the horror of accompanying them to a bead shop. Countless hours of pouring through trays and stringers of multicolored beads and fasteners, etc. Well the owner of this shop figured that out. I think she saw the dread in my face and opened up a drawer at a work table and plopped a pile of Sports Illustrated, Discover, Field and Stream, and Time on the able and said "Here, maybe this will help you. Pull up a chair." I did, the wife bead shopped, and all was well. Brilliant! All kidding aside, great shop, lots of items with stories behind them, and an owner who couldn't be nicer.

3  Thank Gary S
Susan R, Owner at Shenandoah Moon, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

Thanks, Gary! We wish more guys would walk through our doors! Even though we don't have a big screen TV streaming the Sports Channel, we do try to make the men who wander into our shop comfortable. And if you're a guy who is looking to pick up something for a mom, sister, wife, girlfriend or daughter, our knowledgable staff can suggest several options in your budget.

Reviewed 19 January 2013

I absolutely love this store and the owner- she is so crafty and talented! The selection of beads is wonderful, and I am super excited to keep going back! This store is a crown jewel here in the Shenandoah Valley- I recommend it to everyone!

Reviewed 19 October 2012

Last week we spent a day in Luray. We toured the caverns and then went into town to have lunch. We discovered this cute little shop. I'm an avid beader and was quite surprised to find a store selling beads in Luray. Of course I had to stop in. I found beads I had searched the internet for, with no success. But beside the beads, there was wonderful jewelry, scarves, hand-dyed clothing, and locally made products. There was a real treasure trove of handmade items. Lots of great gift type pieces. The owner was very helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable. We had a great time in Luray and I will definitely return and will be sure to stop back by Shenandoah Moon. This shop was far more than just a bead store. It was a great place to see the work of the artist of the area.

3  Thank Pam_H1234
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Last week on a visit to this lovely store I shared with the owner my frustration over trying to get a pair of earrings converted to clips. Three different jewelers had bluntly told me that it could not be done. In a matter of less that thirty minutes this personable and clever lady had whipped out her magic pliers, a dab of paint, a few beads and some clips and viola! a lovely new set of earrings.
In addition I was able to purchase a couple of Christmas gifts and a spiffy new silk scarf.
The shop is filled with beautiful and interesting things and the owner and staff are delightful. Shenandoah Moon is a must stop on any visit to Luray.

2  Thank shopper807