“Rest and Relaxation”
other travellers have booked this property
Shenandoah Chalet near Shenandoah Park/Skyline Drive, Massanutten Resort, Luray
Shenandoah Chalet near Shenandoah Park/Skyline Drive, Massanutten Resort, Luray Fully outfitted kitchen with cookware, dishes and place settings provided..
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Shenandoah Chalet near Shenandoah Park/Skyline Drive, Massanutten Resort, Luray
Fully outfitted kitchen with cookware, dishes and place settings provided..
Dining area with country table seats four.
Sunny great room with large windows.
Bedroom with firm queen bed. Fresh clean linens provided.
Loft bedroom with firm queen bed. Fresh clean linens provided.
Full bathroom with tub and shower. Fresh clean towels provided.
Back deck with view of mountains.
View of Shenandoah National Park from Shenandoah Chalet's deck.
Relax in a private park-like wooded nature setting.
3 acres of privacy. Can you spot the chalet up our driveway?
Located by Skyline Drive/Shenandoah National Park, Virginia. 100 miles from DC. 100 from Richmond.
Nearby: Shenandoah National Park only minutes away.
Nearby: Skyline Drive's famous vistas.
Nearby: Hundreds of miles of hiking trails.
Nearby: Sking at Massanutten Resort.
Nearby: Night sking at Massanutten Resort.
Nearby: One of Shenandoah National Park's many waterfalls.
Nearby: Virginia Civil War Museum, New Market
Nearby: Visit spectacular Skyline Drive.
The Shenandoah Chalet is perfect for a romantic getaway.
Nearby: Shenandoah National Park vistas.
Nearby: Shenandoah National Park, Hawksbill Summit hike.
Nearby: Visit world famous Luray Caverns.
Nearby: Shenandoah National Park, a winter wonderland.
Nearby: The FlowRider at the indoor WaterPark at Massanutten.
Nearby: Massanutten's Indoor WaterPark is open year-round and is always 84° fahrenheit!
Nearby: Wisteria Farm and Vineyard - Come out and enjoy a day in the country.
Nearby: Lake Arrowhead Park, fishing, boating, and a white sand beach for swimming.
Nearby: Shenandoah Vineyards - Wine from the oldest winery in Virginia's Shenandoah Valley.
Nearby: The Miller-Kite Museum (Stonewall Jackson's Headquarters).
Nearby: Enjoy a canoe trip on the Shenandoah River with Shenandoah River Adventures.
Nearby: Old Rag Mountain circuit hike is one of Shenandoah National Park's most popular hikes.
Nearby: The Car and Carriage Caravan Museum exhibit is a tour of milestones in transportation.
Nearby: An architectural masterpiece, Thomas Jefferson's Monticello.
Nearby: Explore the beauty of Shenandoah Caverns.
Nearby: Horseback riding at Skyland in Shenandoah National Park.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviewed 19 November 2012 for a stay in March 2012

Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
LisaLakeW...
Lake Worth, Florida
“was not what we expected and far from reviews and photos.”
Reviewed 28 October 2012 for a stay in October 2012
people found this review helpful

We booked this based on the reviews. The owner would not even give me an address to the chalet prior to paying for it. So after I paid and booked the evening, I found that the location would take us much further than expected south, so I called to change the night to the prior night and the owner refused to change the booking. So I looked at it as if It was my mistake but this whole situation prior to even staying should have been a red flag. We were taking a road trip and one night put us close to the sky line drive area, so we were looking for a cablin in the woods that was to be the highlight of our vacation. We were using gps and somehow going to the cabin the gps was directing us to go offroad onto graveled area. We continued this path for approximately five minutes until we can upon a man greeting us with his rifle in hand. We by passed him going further into a wooded area which we believed to take us to our chalet. We were told on the paper work not to arrive beore 5pm because the cabin may not be clean. So here we were approaching darkness and scared out of our minds in a not so friendly area. We continued to travel up a hill that got more narrow and rocky and we were in a jeep but we decided that we could not make the sleep climb. We backed out of the area knowing that we could not continue. I called the owner and left two messages. Our nerves we frazzeled and we decided to go to a hampton inn and just let our money go down the drain. Then my husband recommended that once out on the main road we try a different path. This was really not that much better but it was paved. We went to the address again and ended up a little off road onto gravel again which I was not advised of prior to our trip. Finally, we found the cabin but we were so shook up about the last hour or so that we forgot to pick up the key which was a few miles down the road we had just travel upon. When we got to the mail box many dogs were barking at us and were greeted by a woman who claimed to be the cleaning lady of the cabin. She informed me that one of the lights were out in the bathroom and she asked if i would be staying late at the cabin. We picked up the key and headed to the cabin. We were excited to finally be there after two and a half hours of a choatic mess. It was then dark out and hard to find our way around so we decided not to go for dinner. We expected something, anything to be available at the cabin but of course nothing was there. We tried to drink the water that was in the fridge but it was awful, so we went without anything to drink until the mornig too. When we walked into the cabin the odor was unbearable. Clean it was not! I felt afraid to sit on anything or touch stuff. The bed was made. The bathroom was in disrepair.The towels smelled of mildew and I ended up having to use my own. Just luckily I packed one to bring in case of needing one. Omg. A disgrace of a cabin. As we looked around we noticed so many not to do letters scattered around the place I almost felt as if I was a child again living with my parents telling me not to do this and not to do that. We were so disgusted by this place we left as soon as we woke up. What a waste of money and a total disappointment to our vacation. We had to take all of our trash with us. Is that not the responsiblity of the cleaning crew? I understand that cabins are usually roughing it to a certain degree but we would of been better in the car. Actually, I am not so sure of that either.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Nothing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
30 Jan 2016
Hi all,
This "renter" is a rent scammer, trying to stay for free by fabricating problems with the property. Please see our other reviews for a fair review on our property. If you are a property owner, I suggest that you put this scammer on your do not rent blacklist.
regards,
Lynn & Steve
The Shenandoah Chalet
Clare S
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful chalet in great location for Shenandoah National Park”
Reviewed 8 October 2012 for a stay in September 2012
people found this review helpful

We really enjoyed our stay here. It's an absolutely gorgeous chalet. Fairly secluded so very peaceful and a great place to get away from it all. The amenities in the chalet were great and had everything we needed. It was a short drive to enter the National Park and we had many an enjoyable day going for walks as well as visiting Luray Caves (good thing to do on a rainy day!). The whole booking process was very straight forward and couldn't recommend staying here more highly.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The peaceful location of the chalet and all the chalet itself was lovely.
Liked least: It could do with some stronger lights in the chalet for when it gets dark
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Md.

Rugged travelers
VA
Reviewed 19 January 2012 for a stay in December 2011

Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$119
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing