“OUTSTANDING!”
Review of The Mimslyn Inn

The Mimslyn Inn
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Luray
Reviewed 1 December 2009

What a pleaseure it was to visit this hotel post-renovation. My expectations were exceeded beyond belief. You will not be disappointed with anything about your stay. I'll be back.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for The Mimslyn Inn

Reviewed 27 November 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Inn for two days, one of which was Thanksgiving. We were quite pleased by the appearance and decor of the hotel. The cuisine at the main dining room (Circa 31) as well as in the more casual l Speakeasy Pub was very good and reasonably price. The service was fine in the Circa 31 and a little less so in the Speakeasy.

We enjoyed our suite. The bath was quite large and nicely appointed although the jets in the tub were not working. The bedroom and lounge area were attractive and nicely furnished though on the small side. The mattress and bedding were most comfortable. We found the noise level to be most conductive for a good night sleep.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Jimsims, General Manager at The Mimslyn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2009

Greetings,

Thank you ever so much for your nice comments about your recent visit with us.
Thanksgiving is a great time to visit The Mimslyn and all the area has to offer.
I immediatly inspectect the suite and found the instruction card missing from the vanity.
The switch for the spa jets look as if its a part of the tub. The card explains how to turn the power on and off. The missing card has been replaced . I am so sorry for the inconvience. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
Pleae contact me personally for your resverations for a future vist . I will make sure everything is perfect.

Jim Sims

Reviewed 21 November 2009

It has been my pleasure to find a beautifully restored old inn in Luray, Virginia. Since I travel from New York to Virginia once every two months to visit my mother in a local nursing facility, I find it most comfortable after a long trip to spend two nights at the Mimslyn. I especially appreciate the lovely lobby with a welcoming fire in its central fireplace. Other great features are dining facilities, fresh baked pastries, juice and coffee for early risers, and the beautiful rooms. The staff has always treated me like a favored quest. I look forward to returning again and again.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 November 2009

My room was on the corner of the building and had two windows, making it airy and bright. One window looked out to the mountains, so there was a beautiful view of the sunrise and sunset. Though the room was a little small, it was clean, comfortable, and had everything I needed. The bathroom had a large tub, and I enjoyed a very relaxing bath after hiking during the day. The only part of the room I didn't like was the AC/heating unit, which was very loud. It wasn't a big deal, but I had to turn it off to hear the radio or television.

I ordered coffee room service one morning; it arrived very quickly. My friend and I ate breakfast (buffet) one morning and dinner in the Speakeasy restaurant one night. The regular breakfast buffet isn't anything great, but our dinner was excellent. The Speakeasy is tucked away downstairs, very cozy and relaxing. The food was great and probably the best vegetarian option in Luray (at least from looking at the menus of other restaurants).

The Inn is on the edge of downtown and an easy walk to most shops and restaurants.

I looked at the Inn's website before making my reservation. The website is fine but really does not do the Inn justice, so don't be deterred by it.

The Mimslyn Inn might be a little pricey for Luray, but it is worth it! Treat yourself for a weekend!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 November 2009

This is the best way to express our experience of the best kept secret in Lurray, VA. The stunning views, the cozy comfortable rooms and the accommodating staff are literally ready to coddle you ever so gently and remind you that there is such a thing as convenience. Slow down the hustle and bustle and take a peaceful drive out to the Shenandoah’s entrance to luxury and charm. My anniversary weekend was lovely and the Mimslyn in is why. Don’t forget to bring your bib and have some delicious treats downstairs, right after you work out of course.

-Coach Powell

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CoachPowell
Reviewed 6 November 2009

My husband and I were married here 13 years ago. It has been completely renovated since then. We stayed 2 nights taking advantage of the Table for Two package. The room was very large (Skyline Suite). We had to call down to the front desk to ask for the Basket of Goodies that was part of the package. We decided to have dinner the first night at the downstairs pub, The Speakeasy. It was somewhat disappointing. The crab dip appetizer we ordered was very watery and cold. The waitress did not come back to check on us so we finally had to flag down the manager. We substituted this appetizer with Oysters Rockefeller. This too was a disappointment. Dinner was ok, but nothing to brag about.
The next day we enjoyed the complementary breakfast in Circa '31, and were quite surprised it included the most expensive item on the menu. It was excellent. We had dinner this night in Circa '31 and were very happy. The food was very good.
There was a wedding reception this night. It would be nice if there were doors from the lobby to the restaurant, as to keep the noise to a minimum. It was distracting.

We enjoyed a couples hot stone massage while visiting. This was such a treat. I would definitely recommend it.

Overall, I would have to say that this was a very nice weekend away. Excellent accommodations.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2009

The entire Mimslyn Inn experience was excellent from accommodations, fine dining and the courteous staff throughout the hotel.

I would highly recommend both the hotel and the restaurant and look forward to staying at the Mimslyn Inn again.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luray
Hotel Laurance
#4 of 9 in Luray
Hampton Inn & Suites Woodstock
Best Western Intown Luray
Holiday Inn Express Woodstock / Shenandoah Valley

Been to The Mimslyn Inn? Share your experiences!