“Perfect weekend getaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Luray
Piney Hill Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 14 Luray B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This was our first experience at a B&B and it was fabulous! My husband and I were looking for a quiet laid back weekend and what we found in Luray couldn't have been any more perfect. Hank and Wiley recommended great activities - we kayaked 8 miles down the Shenandoah River and then hiked 4 miles in the mountains, had some great meals and relaxed. Breakfast was delicious and Hank and Wiley do an amazing job making sure you are taken care of!

The pictures online don't do Piney Hill justice - it is so quaint and perfectly decorated in person. We stayed in the Emma Rufner Rogers room, which was nice because it was more secluded/private and had it's own bathroom. We got to see the inside of one of the cabins and would definitely book one of those next time! If you are a fan of B&Bs this is one you must visit!!!

Room Tip: Emma Rufner Rogers room was perfect for us. It isn't as big as some of the others, but it seeme...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We celebrated our 31st anniversary here in March 2014, as we have celebrated every year here since 2003. It only keeps getting better and better, and now we are "old friends" with the innkeepers. They always remember preferences, personalities, details of our lives, etc. It's like visiting long lost relatives. The recent remodeling only adds to the ambiance, and the owners keep adding little details to the usual stay that improve the experience each time. This is by far our favorite B&B in the US, and we stay at a lot of them.

Room Tip: We love the Mark Ruffner room on the second floor. If you don't mind a private bathroom a door...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I realize the word amazing gets thrown around a bit often but it is truly the correct word to describe my husband's and my experience at Piney Hill. We decided after reading all the positive reviews and decided it would be a great place to go for our 5th anniversary. When we first got there we were greeted by Wiley and Hank the innkeepers and they helped us get situated, figure out where we would go hiking nearby in Shenandoah, and which restaurants we ought to try out. They were so friendly and helpful, and really took the time making sure we felt confident when we were really to venture out. They also provided us with maps into town, as well as maps for trails in Shenandoah. We stayed in the Hurley Bryd cottage and it was spectacular, the pictures do it no justice. It was warm, perfectly decorated, clean, comfortable, and had everything you could possibly need, a perfect home away from home. That's the bed portion of the B&B review, now let's talk about the breakfast portion. In summation: WOW! Every morning we received a warm breakfast, and I am not exaggerating at all: they were the tastiest, most filling, most amazing meals I have ever had the pleasure of eating before noon. I have always thought it was a little silly to emit sounds such as "mmmm" to express one's enjoyment of food. Well...I might have changed my opinion when it comes to Piney Hill's breakfasts. Their French toast was out of this world, and the apple crisp starter meal was divine. You will not leave for your adventures hungry, I can guarantee you. They were even nice enough to accommodate my vegetarian diet, and at the same time still making sure my omnivorous husband got to have some meat with his meals. To finish up, because I could honestly write about how wonderful Piney Hill was for hours: there is a reason that Piney Hill is the #1 rated spot to stay in the area, because you simply could not beat it. My husband and I could not have had a more wonderful time. Everything was perfect, there were no details that were overlooked, there was no room for improvement because everything was wonderful. If you're planning a trip to the Luray / Shenandoah area, your search should end at Piney Hill. I have never felt so refreshed, it was hard to leave, the only way I could do so was knowing that I would be back. Thank you so much Hank and Wiley!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hhandlos
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Warning to all who visit, you may not want to leave!! My husband and I stayed at Piney Hill in the Hurley Byrd cottage, it was comfortable, clean, with 5 star breakfasts and attention to every detail. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit and wished we could stay at least one more day but had other commitments. Wiley and Hank are perfect hosts and we felt welcome and at home. We can't wait to visit again. It was truly a wonderful time .Thank you !

Room Tip: cottages are private but just a few yards from house . You need to love nature, surrounded by farms...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank louise d
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Piney Hill was exactly what we were looking for in a B&B. Whether you're looking for a relaxing and romantic stay or an exciting adventure with hiking/tubing or just a wonderful winery/distillery getaway, Piney Hill offers it all. Hank and Wiley were great hosts and made us feel at home (without us having to do chores). They offered great suggestions for things to do (highly recommend visiting Luray Caverns) and places to eat. They even knew which establishments had what type of music on select nights, which ones needed reservations, which ones had various specials, etc. The area is gorgeous and offers amazing star-gazing opportunities as well.

The B&B itself was beautiful. All the areas were very welcoming and also spotless. Our room was extremely comfortable with an all-season fireplace. They offer amenities such as satellite TV and wifi, but I'd recommend doing without those if you can for a few days. Instead pick up one of their many games or just enjoy the serene beauty and peace on one of the porches. This is a place great for couples who look to continue to work on their relationships and develop great bonds. It's also a place where singles can venture out to - to either meet other people or just have a nice peaceful weekend without interruptions if they want.

Everybody raves about the breakfasts and the innkeepers did not disappoint. While Wiley was putting the finishing touches on our delicious options, Hank provided great ideas and suggestions for things to do. They were very helpful in recommending great options. Hank and Wiley's dedication, attention to detail, caring and friendliness will definitely have us coming back for more. We're looking for our next chance to come down.

Thanks Wiley and Hank for making our stay truly memorable! We loved staying at your beautiful home.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tom_In_Washington_DC
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My wife and I took a trip to Piney Hill in January 2014 for an amazing weekend. The innkeepers, Wiley and Hank, were incredibly nice and accommodating. This was our first trip to the Shenandoah region and Wiley and Hank were so helpful in getting us around the region and setting us up with places to visit.

Beyond the amazing service, the B&B itself is cozy and charming. The breakfasts were delicious and the rooms were very comfortable.

We had a very relaxing weekend at Piney Hill and would recommend it to anyone looking to get away.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2014

My husband and I just returned from our second weekend stay at Piney Hill B&B. We discovered PIney Hill in 2010 and vowed to return! Our second trip was even better than our first. The Emma Ruffner Rogers room was still immaculate, beautifully decorated (as is the whole house) and cozy...just as I remembered it! Hank and Wiley are the perfect hosts who have truly thought of EVERYTHING! Umbrellas when it is raining, the perfect dinner recommendations for every occasion, gourmet breakfast, quiet outdoor spots for enjoying the beautiful 360 degree mountain views, vineyard recommendations, hiking recommendations...you name it, they've got it covered! Plan a get-away to Luray just to stay here...you won't be disappointed!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luray
5 mi away
#4 of 9 in Luray
Hampton Inn & Suites Woodstock
Holiday Inn Express Woodstock / Shenandoah Valley
Best Western Intown Luray

Been to Piney Hill Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!