“Nowhere better for a great weekend in the hills”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Luray
Piney Hill Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 14 Luray B&B and Inns
Washington, DC
Reviewed 15 September 2004

After a couple of days of searching for a good B&B in the Shenandoahs, I found Piney Hill's website and thought it looked good. I wanted somewhere central to Skyline Drive so we could hike and see the sites.

We were more than pleasantly surprised -- the B&B is in a perfect location -- surrounded by farmland with mountain views all around. It's just a gorgeous area. The B&B itself is great - the main house is charming and wonderfully restored. It's a great old house, modernized and spotlessly clean. We stayed in the new cottage out back, which is a couple dozen yards behind the house, along a winding path and garden, just past the jacuzzi and outdoor seating area. The room's great - large, with a kitchen and large bathroom, and very, very comfortable.

The owners, Hank and Wylie, are great, and experts on the area, and know where to suggest hikes, dinner and other sites. (By the way -- the stay is worth it for the breakfast alone.)

The day we left, I asked for a stack of business cards. I've already told my friends and co-workers about Piney Hill, and they'll all be planning trips soon. I can't wait to return myself.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Virginia Beach, VA
Reviewed 15 September 2004

My wife and I wanted to visit the Luray Caverns and decided to try something apart from a chain hotel/motel for our lodging arrangements. What a delight this B & B was; immaculately clean and neat accomodations, fabulous breakfasts and most gracious hosts.

College Park, MD
Reviewed 9 September 2004

Longing for the mountains and a taste of rural life, I booked a late August weekend for my husband's 50th birthday celebration. From the moment we arrived on Friday afternoon, we felt right at home--thanks in large part to Wiley and Hank, the owners and hosts of the B&B, who are charming, funny, helpful--and wonderful cooks! We wanted peace and quiet and total relaxation, and that's just what we got. There are so many things that make this B&B a home away from home, including the comfy rocking chairs on the wrap-around porch overlooking the mountain range, the hot tub with a view of the stars above, lovely gardens, delightful outdoor felines and more. It's not a place to miss if you're in the neighborhood.

Leesburg, VA
Reviewed 19 August 2004

My partner and I have been visiting Piney Hill for two years. And, with Hank and Wiley's help, she arranged a special birthday for me this last weekend. I arrived to a fruit & cheese tray & a dozen of my favorite roses. After a hard day of antiquing and auction-going, the next day I came back to champagne (we brought) and chocolate-dipped strawberries.

The breakfasts were Delicious. And, as always, Hank and Wiley were warm and delightful. They are so helpful in arranging dinner reservations and recommending activities and entertainment. The new cottage is charming and romantic - you feel transported to a different life.

My favorite thing: sitting in the hot tub, looking up at the stars through the branches of the weeping willow. So peaceful and serene.

• Stayed: August 2004
McLean, VA
Reviewed 19 August 2004

Staying at Piney Hill was one of the highlights of our summer. From the grounds, to the hot tub, to the hammock, to Hank's amazing breakfasts, you will not be disappointed if you stay at Piney Hill. Hank and Wiley are two of the most gracious hosts we have ever had at a bed and breakfast and we cannot wait to go back! Such a great treat for anyone. A perfect 10!

Reviewed 16 August 2004

Great B&B ... clean, excellent breakfasts, and very hospitable hosts ... beautiful location, too ... a restful place

Norfolk, VA
Reviewed 12 August 2004

We were immediately charmed by Piney Hill as soon as we arrived. The mountain setting surrounding the home is both awesome and breathtaking. We found ourselves sitting on the porch wanted to absorb all of it in. Inside Piney Hill is caring and beautiful. The attention to detail is very impressive. The furnishings are delicate and warm. Breakfast was a delight to the taste buds. This has been a truly wonderful experience for us. Thank you very much for everything Wiley & Hank!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Luray
5 mi away
#5 of 9 in Luray
Hampton Inn & Suites Woodstock
Holiday Inn Express Woodstock / Shenandoah Valley
South Court Inn Bed and Breakfast

Been to Piney Hill Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!