“HOME SWEET HOME”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Luray
Piney Hill Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 14 Luray B&B and Inns
Richmond, Virginia
“HOME SWEET HOME”
Reviewed 27 October 2004

Our first experience in a bed and breakfast couldn't have been any better! The food, the company and the atmosphere were absolutely awesome! When it comes to making you feel at home and experiencing a mini vacation at the same time, Wiley and Hank are the kings of innkeepers! They made our 21st anniversary feel like a honeymoon with the roses, chocolates, cheese and fruit tray waiting for our arrival! The jacuzzi was the perfect temperature overlooking the magestic mountains of Page County! If you're looking for peace and quiet, the aroma's of home but the feel of a luxary hotel, this is the place to be!! We will be back!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Reviewed 15 October 2004

My husband introduced me to Piney Hill B&B for my birthday weekend, and boy, did we discover a treasure! I was raised in the Virginia countryside and have plans to live there again someday. BUT UNTIL THEN---there's Piney Hill, nestled in the Shenendoah Valley and surrounded by the soul-soothing Blue Ridge Mountains. Its beauty is surpassed only by its serenity. Topped off with a good measure of down-home hospitality thoughtfully offered by Hank and Wiley, Piney Hill is like a home away from home. It has been lovingly restored and is breathtakingly decorated. And my mouth still waters when I recall the sumptuous breakfasts that kept me going well past lunch! (Yes, they DO share their recipes!) Hank and Wiley also recommended places to visit and even made dinner reservations for us. Though we had no agenda and just meandered along our way, there was much to see and do nearby. Without a doubt, Piney Hill is one of the most memorable places we've ever stayed and we will be back! ---Bobbi and Loren.

Charlottesville, VA
Reviewed 12 October 2004

I took my wife to Piney Hill for surprise birthday present. We couldn't have had a better experience. The Inn is absolutely gorgeous, and the grounds are fantastic. The rooms were very clean and well-maintained, and sipping wine in the jacuzzi under the stars was heavenly. The breakfast, served promptly at 9, was plentiful and very tasty. The best thing about Piney Hill, however, is not the accommodations but the Innkeepers. Hank and Wiley went above and beyond the call of duty in making our stay pleasant and were delightful company to my wife when I got called away on business. You can't go wrong in choosing Piney Hill! We'll definitely be back soon.

Reviewed 17 September 2004

Piney Hill B&B was my first B&B experience and now I am afraid that any other would not live up to my expectations. Our stay was in the delightful Rosebud Cottage and what a treat. It was very tastefully decorated and extremely comfortable. The innkeepers saw to our every need and added small touches that made such a difference. I am avid coffee drinker, but the guest with me that weekend will not touch the stuff, when I mentioned that she survived on diet coke for her caffeine fix our frig was stocked when we arrived. The breakfast his to die for, with lots of variety. It was the most relaxing, restful weekend I have had in a long time. I can't wait to go back, hopefully when it is cold so we can curl up in front of the gas logs!!

• Stayed September 2004
Reviewed 16 September 2004

Piney Hill B &B is perfect for a quiet weekend getaway, with very helpful and friendly inn keepers. This was my first experience at a B&B so my expectations were not high. I was pleasantly surprised.
Recommended for couples or someone who wants to travel alone for quiet quality time.
Lots of nature, lots of different activities and a fair price.
Plan to visit again when I need to get away from the city life.

Reviewed 15 September 2004

After a couple of days of searching for a good B&B in the Shenandoahs, I found Piney Hill's website and thought it looked good. I wanted somewhere central to Skyline Drive so we could hike and see the sites.

We were more than pleasantly surprised -- the B&B is in a perfect location -- surrounded by farmland with mountain views all around. It's just a gorgeous area. The B&B itself is great - the main house is charming and wonderfully restored. It's a great old house, modernized and spotlessly clean. We stayed in the new cottage out back, which is a couple dozen yards behind the house, along a winding path and garden, just past the jacuzzi and outdoor seating area. The room's great - large, with a kitchen and large bathroom, and very, very comfortable.

The owners, Hank and Wylie, are great, and experts on the area, and know where to suggest hikes, dinner and other sites. (By the way -- the stay is worth it for the breakfast alone.)

The day we left, I asked for a stack of business cards. I've already told my friends and co-workers about Piney Hill, and they'll all be planning trips soon. I can't wait to return myself.

Reviewed 15 September 2004

My wife and I wanted to visit the Luray Caverns and decided to try something apart from a chain hotel/motel for our lodging arrangements. What a delight this B & B was; immaculately clean and neat accomodations, fabulous breakfasts and most gracious hosts.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Luray
The Mimslyn Inn
#4 of 9 in Luray
Skyland
Skyland
#1 of 1 in Shenandoah National Park

Been to Piney Hill Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!