“Can't get out of my mind.... I need to go back!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Cabins at Brookside

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Luray
The Cabins at Brookside
Ranked #3 of 15 Speciality Lodging in Luray
Panama
“Can't get out of my mind.... I need to go back!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

My Wife and I stayed at Brookside Cabins on Feb. 20th for just one night... and that is my only regret right there!! Everything about it was excellent, the perfect setting to really kick back and relax. Cabins were private, very well equipped (and well un-equipped: No TV or phone), Bed was comfy and an inviting fireplace. The room (cabin #9) even had its own hot tub. Customer services was also top notch... thanks to the lovely Diane. We really can't say anything negative about Brookside. If you want a romantic and/or relaxing get away for the right price and in the right place..don't look any further.

Room Tip: Cabin #9 is the last one, so it is more private and very nicely decorated.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ArielC81

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Vineland, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

We had a great stay at one of the cabins 0n 3/14/2014...My wife and myself....great the only thing we didnot like was the restaurant...My Aunt was served chiken fingers and they tasted like fish...she can not stand any kind fish...the girl asked if she wanted any thing else and my aunt said
that she didn't...My aunt picked up the bill and they still charged her for the fishy chicken fingers...She has always took all of us there when we come to town...$$$$ thousands of dollars she spent buying our breakfast,lunch and dinners...NO MORE...our family vactions in luray every year and through out the year come and vist her....we have appx.20 to 25 family members that go.NO MORE...all over someone not chaging the fish oil and removing it from the bill....P.S. The card that they leave in the cabin to fill out I did and PUT MY PHONE NUMDER ON IT and still waiting for a call...3/20/2014

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BoneP
Altoona, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

My boyfriend and I enjoyed a long weekend in Luray. He wanted to go camping, I wanted indoor plumbing, so we found Brookside. The location is a bit far out there, no convenience stores or grocery stores in sight, but that is Luray, from what we saw. The cabin we stayed in was the 2nd smallest I believe, with nothing more than a queen bed and dresser, a mini fridge and coffee pot, and a bathroom. The bathroom allowed more room than most hotel bathrooms: a plus. I'm one that checks sheets the second I get to a hotel, and I must say that this establishment exceeded my expectations of cleanliness!! A HUGE plus! It was quaintly decorated, and very nicely kept. The one thing was I wished there would have been a fire pit around back to sit around, but the back deck was extremely peaceful with the brook. We did not miss amenities such as TV AT ALL. We had no itinerary for our trip and our stay in Luray and particularly at Brookside made for incredibly peaceful getaway. I have no regrets!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank TravelingTeller17
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

Our stay was Nov 11th and was quiet as the ‘leaf’ peeping season on Skyline Drive had pass, but was still enjoyable for the 1-night stay. The cabins are not in Shanadoah mountains but are located close enough and about a 4.5 mile drive to Thorton Gap entrance on Skyline Drive. We had reserved Cabin #4, the smallest of the cabins, and found it comfortable enough for a one-night stay (for 1-2 people), but would recommend getting a larger cabin if you’re planning a get away longer than two days just for a little more space and amenities. The ‘cabin’ itself was the size of a self-contained hotel room (w/queen-size bed) with nothing more than a refrigerator and coffee pot. If you’re coming for a getting away from modern distractions, but still want entertainment, you can have a TV provided at an additional charge and delivery charge, or enjoy sitting on the porch in front of each cabin or on the patio at the back of each of the cabins that back up to the creek that runs behind the cabins.

If you want a real wilderness cabin experience, you will find all these cabins not isolated from each other but located about 10 feet apart and cannot tell if your neighbors noise would be an issue as the night I stayed there were no occupants on either side of the cabin. Be aware skylights are in the bathroom and the bed, if early daylight in the summer is a problem.

There is a restaurant on the facility, which makes it convenient since you are located about 10 min. away to anything in Luray, the closest, if the restaurant is close during the period of your stay. Base-board heating is in the bedroom and bathroom and had hard time regulating the temperature as the thermostat use a ‘zone’ range versus specific degree setting.

The cabin has Wi-Fi access, but be sure to get the password before the office closes for the evening.

Room Tip: Bring hair dryer, if needed, and recommend larger cabin if staying more than 1-night.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Carol210
Ellendale, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here on several occasions (cabin #5) and love it. The staff is very friendly and the cabin was very clean and cozy. There are no Tv's or phones so you can truly relax (but they do have wifi if you do choose to bring a laptop or tablet ). You can sit on the deck and enjoy your coffee and listen to the babbling brook that runs behind the cabins. The cabin does have a microwave, small refrigerator and a coffee maker The cabins are not secluded, they are right on the highway but the traffic slows and it gets very quiet at night. They are located only a few minutes from the entrance of Skyline Drive and a few minutes from Luray. There is a restaurant right by the cabins so you do not have to travel far for a meal. We plan on returning next year.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Cheryl H
Blandon, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

Due to uncontrollable delays in arriving at Cabin #4 at a reasonable hour, they were kind enough to put the key under the mat so we could get in at 2 AM. I was concerned we would have trouble finding the cabin due to the late hour and darkness, but it was very easy. The cabin is along a highway, but we rarely heard any traffic.
The room was a very good size for the 2 of us. It was very clean and did not have any funky odors. Clean towels were provided every day.
The bed made a lot of noise, and after about the 3rd day, became uncomfortable.
Unfortunately we could not use the deck, as it rained very hard the 5 days we were there. We did sit on the front porch on a couple occasions to have our coffee.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank leetl319
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

Beautiful little cabin! The decor was nice. Cabin was VERY clean. Enjoyed the hot tub. Perfect place for a romantic weekend getaway. Only drawback is that they're located on the high way, but wasn't too bad since the traffic dies down at night. Would definitely go back!!

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luray
The Mimslyn Inn
The Cardinal Inn
#4 of 9 in Luray
BEST WESTERN Intown Luray
Hampton Inn & Suites Woodstock

Been to The Cabins at Brookside? Share your experiences!