“Just relax.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Luray
The Cabins at Brookside
Ranked #5 of 15 Speciality Lodging in Luray
“Just relax.”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed in Cabin 5. A very nice bedroom and bathroom w a small hall and closet. Perfect for us. The best part was the back deck overlooking the brook. Very relaxing. Place was clean and staff was very friendly. The landscaping and built in privacy made it seem as though we were miles away from anyone.
Close (4 miles) to the Caverns and town. Go and just relax!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank John A

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Madison, VA
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Brookside Cabins rate #1 as our very favorite getaway! We're only 45 minutes away, and are heading there soon for our 5th visit - my Birthday treat. We cannot say enough good things about this hidden treasure we've visited often over the past two years. It always welcomes us "home."

Diane and Joan in the office are old friends by now. They're there to answer questions, keep us happy, and were very accommodating when we had to change a reservation last winter. They keep the Gift Shop loaded with enticing goodies, and I can never resist something fun to bring home with me.

The cabins vary in size from large (with a hot tub) to smaller. Our favorite is just perfect for two! We have everything we could ever want - a comfy bed topped by an heirloom quilt, lots of little extras including bath items & a gift basket for returning visitors, Wifi and cell phone access, books and magazines, hot shower/bath, fridge, coffee maker, ceiling fan & ac, not to mention heavenly breezes and the sounds of a mountain brook right outside our door. You can rent a TV & VHS, but we prefer to "get away from it all." Breakfast, lunch and dinner are available at a cute little country restaurant on the property.

Just beyond the cabins, we'll shop and eat in the interesting town of Luray. We always visit The Warehouse Gallery, Hunt & Peck where we find great estate bargains, Historic Old Town, and the lovely, peaceful walking trails of Hawksbill Greenway Park on the edge of town. We eat at Brookside or at one of Luray's many restaurants, including the amazing Mimslyn Inn or the always delicious Gathering Grounds, both on Main Street. You can also visit nearby Luray Caverns which truly are a MUST. Every time we visit Luray, we discover something new to enjoy!

After a day of fun, we'll return to our "home away from home," Brookside Cabins, for a relaxing picnic on our back patio beside the babbling brook. Heaven!

We consider Brookside our own secret treasure, but do recommend you spend a night or two there - at any season. We promise - if you do - you'll always go back because it will then become YOUR "home away from home!"

Annie and Mack Rowe
Madison, Va.

Room Tip: EVERY cabin at Brookside is a good cabin. The size depends on how many are in your party. If you hav...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AnnieMadison_VA
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My fiance and I stayed here for just one night in mid-July, and absolutely loved it. We stayed in Cabin 4, which is the smallest, however we found it was perfect for our needs. There is no TV or telephone, but we didn't really miss either.
We were pleasantly surprised by how clean the room was. The linens on the bed look like they have been recently updated, and the bathroom was very bright and clean. The mini fridge also looked new, and there was a full-size coffeemaker, though they only provided those coffee packets for smaller pots.
We thoroughly enjoyed sitting on the back porch by the brook and drinking wine in the evening. They provided citronella candles and we brought bug spray, so we didn't get attacked by mosquitoes.
My fiance ate breakfast at the restaurant the next morning while I slept, and he reported that it was far below expectation. That was the only downside of the trip, but the accommodations themselves were fabulous. I would highly recommend this place to anyone making a trip to Luray/ Shenandoah/ wineries!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MusicTchr1
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We just had stayed at their cabin #2. I had also stayed at cabin #3 in the past... Wonderful, serene, quiet and romantic countryside experience!! Everything was superb, and every detail was accommodated to perfection! I let them know it was my boyfriend's B-day, and ordered a cheese plate/bottle of wine as a surprise to him upon our arrival (~$50, optional). Well, the surprise was the size of it! huge plate w/ fruit, crackers, several cheeses, and nice bottle of wine. That all in addition to a complimentary gift basket, candy, and a greeting card to my boyfriend (all pre-discussed via email); fire place and hot-tub were on upon our arrival, as I requested. Those guys do take care of you, - every detail is counted for, and they know how to make your weekend stay very special. Mountains, tons of wineries, East coast famous Luray Caverns, Luray zoo, Car museum, and many more attractions are just minutes drive away. Thank you hosts, Bob & Cece!

Room Tip: cabins #1-3 are the best, largest, have fireplaces/gas fire places and hot tubs in. Other/smaller ca...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AstaLiutka
Panama
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My Wife and I stayed at Brookside Cabins on Feb. 20th for just one night... and that is my only regret right there!! Everything about it was excellent, the perfect setting to really kick back and relax. Cabins were private, very well equipped (and well un-equipped: No TV or phone), Bed was comfy and an inviting fireplace. The room (cabin #9) even had its own hot tub. Customer services was also top notch... thanks to the lovely Diane. We really can't say anything negative about Brookside. If you want a romantic and/or relaxing get away for the right price and in the right place..don't look any further.

Room Tip: Cabin #9 is the last one, so it is more private and very nicely decorated.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ArielC81
Vineland, New Jersey
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We had a great stay at one of the cabins 0n 3/14/2014...My wife and myself....great the only thing we didnot like was the restaurant...My Aunt was served chiken fingers and they tasted like fish...she can not stand any kind fish...the girl asked if she wanted any thing else and my aunt said
that she didn't...My aunt picked up the bill and they still charged her for the fishy chicken fingers...She has always took all of us there when we come to town...$$$$ thousands of dollars she spent buying our breakfast,lunch and dinners...NO MORE...our family vactions in luray every year and through out the year come and vist her....we have appx.20 to 25 family members that go.NO MORE...all over someone not chaging the fish oil and removing it from the bill....P.S. The card that they leave in the cabin to fill out I did and PUT MY PHONE NUMDER ON IT and still waiting for a call...3/20/2014

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BoneP
Altoona, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 January 2014

My boyfriend and I enjoyed a long weekend in Luray. He wanted to go camping, I wanted indoor plumbing, so we found Brookside. The location is a bit far out there, no convenience stores or grocery stores in sight, but that is Luray, from what we saw. The cabin we stayed in was the 2nd smallest I believe, with nothing more than a queen bed and dresser, a mini fridge and coffee pot, and a bathroom. The bathroom allowed more room than most hotel bathrooms: a plus. I'm one that checks sheets the second I get to a hotel, and I must say that this establishment exceeded my expectations of cleanliness!! A HUGE plus! It was quaintly decorated, and very nicely kept. The one thing was I wished there would have been a fire pit around back to sit around, but the back deck was extremely peaceful with the brook. We did not miss amenities such as TV AT ALL. We had no itinerary for our trip and our stay in Luray and particularly at Brookside made for incredibly peaceful getaway. I have no regrets!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank TravelingTeller17
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luray
The Mimslyn Inn
Best Western Intown Luray
Skyland
Skyland
#1 of 1 in Shenandoah National Park

Been to The Cabins at Brookside? Share your experiences!