“Don't Miss It”
Review of Sonnys Place - CLOSED

Sonnys Place
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 29 July 2013

My wife and I eat at Sonny's whenever we are in the Shenandoah area and we cannot say enough good things about this restaurant. The food is fresh, well prepared, and delicious (the BBQ is consistently the best we have ever had, and that is coming from people who travel a lot and eat out a lot). The service is always fast, friendly, and responsive; the staff consistently does the "little touches" that make the meal so much more enjoyable (e.g. always keeping your drinks full, bringing condiments and extra napkins without being asked, checking on you regularly, etc.). And the ambiance is sublime, with inside, screened porch, or outside dining (deck / tables with beach umbrellas). There are spectacular views of the surrounding valley and mountains while eating inside or out, and there is usually a gentle, pleasant breeze. The facility is always extremely clean, organized, and well run, and there is more than enough parking (lots of room for your custom rod). I highly recommend this restaurant. (PS: I simply cannot understand the people who complain or ridicule Sonny's on these web sites. I have been eating at, or ordering take-out from Sonny's for ~5 years or longer, and I have never had a bad experience with the any aspect of it: not the food, not the facility, and certainly not the staff.)

Reviewed 27 July 2013

I continue to eat at Sonnys not only because of their great steaks and barbeque but their very friendly staff.they continue to be the mark when it comes to steaks.whenever you drive by you can't but help to smell the hickory smoke billowing from the smoker.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

We chose to eat here for the view. Ate out on the deck and the view is just great. We had surf and turf, also ribs. Very generous portions and the food was very good. Reasonably priced, very friendly servers. I would say the only problem were the flies. We did eat on the deck and don't know what they could have done, but we battled flies the entire time we ate. Next visit we would choose to dine inside. A shame because of the lovely view.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

I had a cheese burger medium done and it was 2 inches thick and juicy as can be. It came with fries, a slice of pickle and coleslaw. The coleslaw was homemade and delisious. There is a small but descent selection of beer. The waitress was polite and everything was fresh and made to order. If you are ever in Luray and want a good burger you will have to stop here. You can't go wrong with good country cooking.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

We took our yearly drive to Sonny's this weekend craving some ribs. We were not disappointed. The ribs were delicious. As was the sides of baked beans and coleslaw. Brought a baked brownie home for dessert. Yummy.

Everyone is so friendly too.