“After Multiple Stays I will not be back!”

Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park
Ranked #2 of 3 Fun & Games in Luray
Reviewed 3 September 2013

As we live local to this campground we visit it 3 to 4 times a year. Normally at least 3 or 4 more families come with us!! We try to get sites together so we can cookout and just hangout together! As each year passes so do the rules. We all are well aware of the "quiet time" curfew of 11pm which means your not allowed to be on golf carts after this time and to keep things quiet at your site. We had started a cornhole tournament at 9pm and at 11:05 the ranger asked us to finish the game and put it away that cornhole was not allowed after 11 (no where is this in the posted rules) so we said ok. We where in the championship round of 2 out of 3 and when we switched sides to start the next round the ranger comes blasting around the corner and demanded we put it away NOW!! I was upset that we had to put it away but to be "STALKED" by the ranger from around the corner is uncalled for. No one was being loud or disturbing and this is totally uncalled for. As far as the golf carts go...they are very expensive but we still like to rent them occasionally. As we were preparing to leave we let our 17yo drive the cart to pick up wood. The ranger took the cart and said we would not be allowed to rent again. I am fine with that but obviously they were picking and choosing who they were watching...I set at my campfire the night before and seen several kids (not licensed) driving the carts around recklessly, I seen adults driving carts that had way over 4 or 5 people on the cart speeding around the campsite, I seen adults driving the carts that didn't even have the proper paperwork in the office to be driving (you are required to obtain an armband to drive) but never once did I see a ranger stop any of these carts. In my opinion they don't want the local people to visit because they know that the out of town guests will keep coming and paying their RIDICULOUSLY HIGH rates. The only reason I paid those rates is because I lived so close that I didn't have to include the "gas" factor. Before you go I would check to see what new rules they will impose! Majority of the office staff is very friendly but as a whole the ranger staff could use some Personality adjustment...after all the guests is the reason they get a paycheck!

3  Thank Camp4fun2013