“Well past its prime!”

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Luray
SOUTHAMPTON, NJ
“Well past its prime!”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Luray is well off of I-81 and the choice of hotels reflects that. We needed a hotel close to the local campground where our daughter and family were staying and we tried this one. We have had fairly good success with Best Western in the past and wonder how this one is able to maintain their association with BW. Room was clean but small. Bathroom was tiny and in need of refurbishing. Worst thing was the flies! Thank goodness they made a fly swatter part of the standard equipment. We're probably a bit spoiled but this facility has little to boast of.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Nasty rooms, very old grungy bathrooms with soap scum plastered in the tub/shower. NO electrical outlets to plug anything in. OMG! I want to be across the street at the mansion. Came here for a softball tournament. Was told this was the only place to stay. There's plenty of other choices, take them!

Room Tip: Stay across the street...that's my tip!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Luray hotels

Dayville, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel. Our first room was close to the vending machine and the garbage and in July, the flies are a huge problem. We immediately asked for another room and was given one upstairs and in the middle. The room was fine but the bathroom needs to be updated. It was not dirty but the tub was stained. It had an old two handle faucet and dated yellow tile. Beds were comfortable and we did have a good stay. Their breakfast was not free and a little overpriced but was good as it was restaurant style.

Room Tip: Stay away from the vending area - rooms 120 and 220.
LOL, FL
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Spent 1 night enroute to Nashville. Luray is a very small town off Skyline Drive.

Clean rooms and baths, but had 5 flies in room and many outside hotel. They must know about this because there was a flyswatter in room!

We went to their downtown area (tiny) and saw alot of flies there also. Odd.

We would stay here again. Gave us a 20% coupon toward breakfast in their restaurant. We didn't eat there - tried Rancho down the road - excellent!

CONNELLSVILLE, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2013

great motel quiet and clean . Great location. great service. Room was well stocked with coffee, towels and amentities. Great view of the mountain from the upper level of the motel. Short walk to town. People were friendly and the town was beautiful.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 June 2013

A older place. Bedrm 80's décor but there is a small flat screen. Bathrm has been redone but very small. Quality of sheets and towels low average. Give soap and shampoo. Pool ok. Not very clean. A few chairs. We tried to get in a few minutes early but would not allow but you can extend for $10 an hour. Ate at the restaurant which was good. Beware lots of flies when we stayed. I really mean lots. Must be a common problem bec. I ask for bug spray at desk and was given it.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Summerville, South Carolina
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I booked this hotel through Travelocity and they charged me $71.99/night (Definitely not worth it). When I got to the motel, the clerk told me the price would be $57.59 per room. He said the difference being Travelocity's commission. I didn't know they got a commission. Travelocity agent called the front desk of the hotel after my call to them inquiring about the price difference and the hotel called my room with the statement "he had made a mistake and given me a group rate. When I checked out again it showed the cheaper price and the clerk asked me to sign the form and when I again mentioned the price difference, she stated the paper was confidential and I couldn't have it. Yet it was the same paper she asked me to sign. I would beware of this hotel. It wasn't that nice of a room and definitely not for the price I paid. I will never use Travelocity again and will not stay at this motel. Neither was very professional, below standards and poor customer service!

Room Tip: Great location as its close to walking distance to stores and restaurants and also close to Luray Ca...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank DebraK1124
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luray
The Mimslyn Inn
Hotel Laurance
#3 of 9 in Luray
Hampton Inn & Suites Woodstock
Quality Inn Shenandoah Valley

Been to Best Western Intown Luray? Share your experiences!