“Luray is a good VA town”

Best Western Intown Luray
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Luray
Jackson, New Jersey
“Luray is a good VA town”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Visiting the area and did not require a 4-star hotel. I am spoiled, but Best Western offers a fair enough room and continues to do better. The facility itself is older and could use some renovations (without increasing the price).

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank PamAndBen
Jonathon L, Front desk at Best Western Intown Luray, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Thank you for choosing to say with us. We are actually working on doing some renovations, and have many more projects planned, and yes we plan to stay were we are at price wise.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Reserved 4 rooms as part of wedding block, 1 was on opposite side (away from our party). One room roach infested, hotel workers doing renovation work on 2nd floor were cussing outside my door, asked to stop, and moved to stand by my sons' door. Managers did nothing when informed. Rooms are dirty, linens shabby. Problems unresolved. DO NOT RECOMMEND!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Jonathon L, Front desk associate at Best Western Intown Luray, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. I want to assure you this is not typical of our establishment. I was not personally aware of the issues with our workers, and will look into why they did not adhere to what we instructed of them . They were instructed not to begin any work till after 9am, and not to do any drilling or hammering till after 11. We had also instructed them not to be around any of our guest rooms that were occupied. The reason the one room was on the back side and the rest were on the front was because this was a king room, the front side were the other rooms where has only double bed rooms. We did not place the double bed rooms on the back of the hotel, due to not being able to keep them close together. We are again sorry about that inconvenience. We are looking into all the issues you mentioned and want to assure you that everything will be took care of. I personally guarantee this.
. Your satisfaction is important to us

Travellers are raving about these Luray hotels

Lewes, Delaware
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

Rooms ok,mold In shower. Ants all over sink area. Friendly night staff! Friendly housekeepers. Rooms old just ok for price for a night or two. Would not use for longer vacation. No lotion or simple soap. One bar at sink was all that was there. Didn't appear busy but never was room cleaned all day . Asked them to spray for ants when left Saturday before I returned and was never done.

Stayed November 2013
Jonathon L, Front desk at Best Western Intown Luray, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
On behalf of our entire staff I would like to apologize for the problems you encountered during your stay. I want to assure you that this is not typical of our establishment. We do have extra hand soap, shampoo, bath soap, and other hygiene items at the front desk, if you chose to stay with us again. Usually unless someone puts out the need service door hanger our housekeep staff does not like to disturb our guest. We did spay the room for ants after your final departure, and we are very sorry that you encounter them, we could not do that while the room is occupied though, that is why it was not done during your stay.

sincerely,
John
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We loved our stay at the Best western Luray. The price was great for the time I booked. The rooms were clean, and the restaurant was awesome. They had a nice warm diner style breakfast for a great price.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank sod1177
Jonathon L, front desk clerck at Best Western Intown Luray, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
We are glade you enjoyed your stay with us , and hope you chose to stay with us again soon.
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Our room had a dirty bedspread, ants crawling on the sink, a moldy ceiling in the bathroom and lots of cobwebs when we tried to find an outlet to plug in our electronic devices to re-charge. There was a lack of spare electrical outlets which was why were looking at the outlets near the floor just behind the dresser. Other Best Western's had extra outlets right on the nightstand and dresser lamps. Bathroom was extremely small. Will not stay at that hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

2 Thank jat9141
Jonathon L, Front Desk at Best Western Intown Luray, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. I know that cleanliness is a major factor when deciding were to stay. I want to reassure you that your experience is not typical. I will personally look into this issues . The management staff will discus the issues you mentioned with the bathroom and the lack of plugs. I will also make sure our front desk clerks know of your restaurant issue. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. The lady at checkout did take the maximum she could off your bill and we will not be able to give you any additional discount.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience .

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 540 743 6511.

Jonathon Lawson

47104 Property
BEST WESTERN Intown of Luray
Colorado
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Overall good stay.

Good: More a motel than a hotel, but still an OK stay. Basic clean, small 15 x 20 hotel room and 5 x 5 bathroom. TV selection good. Basic working mini-fridge. Decor was basic but clean. Area quiet. The attached restaurant serves a very basic menu but warm & good -- weird that I had to pay for my breakfast at hotel front desk. Located close to a nice bicycle path.

Bad: On the Best Western website, I selected the typical "breakfast included" rate you'd find at most Best Westerns that serve hot breakfast buffets. When I arrived, front desk told me breakfast is typically never included at their hotel. I eventually found the reservation email and showed the front desk, who was receptive to give me a coupon. Cost is high for what you get at $150/night rate in high season October. Bathroom counterspace is tiny

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bbear72
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. I want to reassure you that your experience is not typical. I will personally look into this issues you hade with the breakfast . The management staff will discus the issues you mentioned with the bathroom .Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

ringwood hampshire uk
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Clean rooms and very good breakfast. The dining staff were great. They advised on local events and were just so lovely. The breakfast was nicely cooked and presented
This is ok for a passing spot. The rooms walls are paper thin so not so good bedding was clean but not luxurious. Well positioned for luray caverns and skyline drive and motorway 81.

Room Tip: Would guess that most rooms would be noisy because walls thin. Not too sure how secure the rooms are...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank aliwoollacott
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. I want to reassure you that your experience is not typical. I will personally look into this issues you hade with the noise in your room. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Luray
The Mimslyn Inn
Hotel Laurance
#3 of 9 in Luray
Hampton Inn & Suites Woodstock
Holiday Inn Express Woodstock / Shenandoah Valley

Been to Best Western Intown Luray? Share your experiences!