“Look for another place”

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Luray
Marlboro, New Jersey
“Look for another place”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Noisey vent in bathroom. Bathroom should have separate switch for vent and light. Room was dark, furniture was old not well maintained. Shower head could not be adjusted and knobs in bathroom did not work properly and very difficult to adjust the water temperature.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jonathon L, Front Office Manager at Best Western Intown Luray, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
I am sorry to hear that your stay was so ruff, we do have renovations planned for the very new future that will take care of all these issues.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Wolcott, New York
Reviewed 29 June 2014

what a dump,wre given room 208, entered room had not even been cleaned yet, used room phone did not work, went back to office and given room 207, I wanted to leave but wife said was okay. frig leaked water on floor and door would not close, bath tub was dirty eyelash on rim of tub and lots of black mold in corners of shower, caulk ing lose on tub. front window right side black mold from floor to ceiling,so much you could scrap off and make a sandwitch, no lie. corner had never been vacumed, dead bugs and other unidentified critters there. this is not a best western it is a worst western. breakfast diner in lobby,could not get waited on left after 10 minutes did notice a lot of breakfast plated not completely eaten wonder why? never again will i stay here alot of much better lodging in area.

Room Tip: do not stay here, run for your life.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kalurah4
Jonathon L, Front Office Manager at Best Western Intown Luray, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
I am sorry that the first room that you were assigned was not ready upon check-in. I will personally look into all the issues you mentioned, we strive for friendly service and clean rooms.

Travellers are raving about these Luray hotels

Alexandria, United States
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This was a great hotel. A little older, but well kept. It was neat to have a Hot and cold water knob in the bathroom. Plenty of hot water and clean. Glad I was able to park my motorcycle so I could see if from the room. I didn't use the pool but it looked nice. Staff was friendly. I will be back. Also close to the Luray Caverns. Lots of restaurants just down the hill from the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am glade you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you can stay with us again soon.
Princeton
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Rooms appeared as if they has never been cleaned, with mold in the bathrooms, dust everywhere (when we turned on the AC, it felt as if dust was being spewed everywhere, causing my wife and child (who suffer from asthma) to have stuffy noses and difficulty breathing. But without the AC, it was too hot. Floors were dirty, and not vacuumed at all during our stay. In addition, our coffee filter wasn't changed and we didn't get any additional toilet paper. Overall, service was poor. But, the restaurant for breakfast (Alexander's) was nice; the food was good and the waitresses were attentive. Basically, this place is only worth it for its location. It's shocking that they got two gems from AAA! Misleading advertising lead us to book this hotel. Just book the inn across the street instead!

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank Vacations_should_be_
Jonathon L, Front Office Manager at Best Western Intown Luray, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
I am sorry that you didn't not enjoy your stay with us. I want to assure you that our housekeepers dust and vacuum everyday unless there is a do not disturb on the door , or they are asked not to do something by the guest. I will look into this personally and find out what had happened.
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Lots of good things to say about this BW. Friendly, competent desk staff both evening and morning. Clean exterior and clean room. As I said in the title I wish this rating system had 4.5 stars because the only complaint I have is the weak wi-fi signal. I was at the end of the hotel furtherest from the office and had trouble with a slow or sometimes broken connection. If all you're doing is checking facebook and sending e-mail, it's probably fine, but a business traveller would not want to try to upload/download large files. Other than that, the owner/operators get a tip of the hat and thanks.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Jonathon L, Front Office Manager at Best Western Intown Luray, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
I am glade that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I want to assure you that we are looking into what we can do to improve our wifi coverage.
Gainesville, FL
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Older but very clean and nicely located hotel with plain, but very good restaurants immediately adjacent. Easy walk to downtown Luray, convenient to Skyline Drive and only one mile from Luray Caverns. Great staff and good value.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jonathon L, Front Office Manager at Best Western Intown Luray, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
I am glade you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to have clean rooms and friendly staff, I hope you will be able to come stay with us again in the future.
Reno, United States
Reviewed 8 June 2014

With the exception of the TV remote not working which the staff jumped on to help, the stay was very comfortable. We were very comfortable and the staff even gave us directions to the local sites. Harper's Ferry was within a few miles and we really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jonathon L, Front Office Manager at Best Western Intown Luray, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
I am glade to hear that our staff was able to jump right on your issues, though we strive to be issue free. I hope you will be able to stay with us again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luray
The Mimslyn Inn
Hotel Laurance
#2 of 9 in Luray
Hampton Inn & Suites Woodstock
Quality Inn Shenandoah Valley

Been to Best Western Intown Luray? Share your experiences!