“Excellent wine pairing prix fixe”

Circa '31 at the Mimslyn Inn
Ranked #5 of 38 Restaurants in Luray
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, View, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Excellent wine pairing prix fixe”
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

At the suggestion of our hosts at Piney Hill B&B, we had the wine pairing prix fixe dinner this past weekend. The mood is set when you walk into the dining room. It beckons you to an age gone by, with high ceilings, lovely antique chandeliers, dark wood furniture, and servers in black tie. Our server, Stehpanie, was extremely knowledgeable of the featured wines, and provided excellent service. We chose to have the Caesar salad, which is prepared tableside by the dining room manager. The preparation was entertaining, and the finished product ranked among the best Caesar salads we've ever had. My husband selected the filet for his entrée, ordering it rare. It arrived cooked perfectly, as did my seared rockfish. Overall, an extremely enjoyable meal, with very palatable regional wines. We will definitely return.

Visited November 2013

Brasília
“Awesome”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I had a degustation menu in a very nice place with an outstanding service for a good price. Visiting Luray, don't miss it. Probably during the peak season reservations should be necessary.

Visited November 2013
“good service”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

although we ended up in the speakeasy every night we did grab lunch in the formal dining room and our meal was lovely and we enjoyed our server Aaron very nice fellow. we will be back

• Visited October 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Very nice service, but the food is average”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We really enjoyed the atmosphere and the servers were very attentive. The food was tasty and satisfying, but more like comfort food than fine dining. My salad had almost no dressing on it, and my rockfish was actually quite heavy (lobster grits underneath and beurre blanc sauce should've given me a clue!)

The menu was fixed price, and seemed like a good deal. For $35, you get 3 courses, plus a little taste at the beginning and some raspberry sorbet mid-meal. The wine pairing was only $15 which was generous for 4 pours!

They also have a terrace which seemed nice, but we already booked inside.

All in all, I would recommend, but temper your expectations.

Visited October 2013
Luray, VA.
“Fantastic Meal.”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

My Husband and I went to the Fine Dining at Circa 31 at the Mimslyn Inn in Luray, VA. this past Saturday evening and I must say it was a wonderful experience. The price is a little high but the food was excellent.

We had a wonderful waiter named Jonathan Packard who was very attentive. He was a very nice young man who was there whenever our glass was empty and was also excellent at answering the questions we had about the menu. We were very very pleased with the service we received.

The food was excellent. The presentation of all of the courses was beautiful and the food was delicious. My husband had the filet and it was cooked perfectly. I had pork wrapped in bacon with a potato dish that was unbelievable.

We both had the chocolate torte for desert and it was unbelievable.

I don't think we can afford the fine dining very often but I have to say that it was wonderful.

My compliments to the Chef and to our waiter.

• Visited September 2013