“5 stars are not enough”

Circa '31 at the Mimslyn Inn
Ranked #5 of 39 Restaurants in Luray
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The Mimslyn's Champagne Brunch (Sunday) is well worth the trip from anywhere. The atmosphere is elegant (white table cloths, classic furniture, live piano music) and the food choices (prime rib, omlets made to order, breakfast and lunch dishes and desserts) are both abundant and delicious.
Served every Sunday morning...one Sunday each month is a seafood brunch. Reservations suggested.

1  Thank deavers

Reviewed 12 July 2014

We had breakfast at the 31. It was very enjoyable especially if you like wonderful restored restaurants. Prices were very reasonable and the staff was very attentive. Something worth doing again. Enjoy!

Reviewed 5 July 2014

The food was really great and the wind pairing a must do for wine drinkers. It was all VA wine, and I was a bit skeptical, but it is paired beautifully with the food and the service was great!. I will remember this experience.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We enjoyed our Atlantic Salmon Burgers at lunch so much that we returned in the evening for the prix fixe menu with wine pairing. This beautifully elegant and historic inn provides a great atmosphere. Our salmon burgers were delicious. My only complaint was that the wasabi mayo was impossible to see or taste. Our evening meal was equally delicious. The rockfish was perfect and the optional cheesecake topping of cherries jubilee prepared tableside provided the final touch of elegance. I tried to be open minded about the wines, but I had trouble tasting much of any single one. We had the same knowledgeable and friendly server for both meals. We enjoyed exploring the hotel and grounds after dinner. If I am ever back in this area, I would like to stay in the hotel.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

The prix fixe menu was delightful and a great value with Dinner and a four course wine pairing costing only $50.00. It has been ages since I have had a table side Ceasar Salad. The only down side was for a prix fixe menu the kitchen was DREADFULLY slow.