“Delicious Food!”

Circa '31 at the Mimslyn Inn
Ranked #4 of 39 Restaurants in Luray
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The dining room is beautiful and grand. The food was beyond delicious. I had the grilled peach salad, mushroom risotto, and caramel cheesecake. You also get bread, an amuse, and pallet cleanser between the appetizer and the main entree. Timing was very well done. The waiting staff is wonderful and friendly. I enjoyed my meal and atmosphere. My friend had the crab cake, duck and caramel cheesecake. My friend was very reluctant to get the duck, but he said it was literally the most delicious duck he's ever had. So don't be afraid to order it, if you're on the fence.
However, there is one drawback. My friend and I wanted to do the $35 three-course meal. When the bill came it was $92. All the items were listed with the prices. We either did not go during the window of the $35 deal or the extras we received were actually items we paid for. Which means that they were not extras at all, which is misleading.
My issue is not that the price was too high, I gladly paid it because the food was delicious and worth the price, but it would have been better to know that it was not going to be the price advertised. I would not have changed the experience, but it was a surprise when the bill came, for sure.
I witnessed other customers surprised by other hidden charges or misleading advertisements as well. One couple did the wine pairing with there courses which costs $55, and the waitress brought them entire glasses of wine and when they got their second course and did not receive another wine to try, they questioned the waitress. She explained that glasses were however much they were and that's what they had ordered. The customers were upset and sent the glasses of wine back because they did not understand the menu and did not get what they wanted. So be careful! My tip to avoid this is to ask your waiter or waitress BEFORE you order anything.
I highly recommend this restaurant, especially for a short stay in Luray, but it is costly so be aware.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We ate breakfast at this restaurant and it was very scrumptious. The décor made you feel as if you were back in the 1930s! The wait staff was very sweet and made sure that you had everything you need for a yummy meal!

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Do NOT order from breakfast menu if you want your food! 30 minutes later still NO omelet so we just LEFT!!!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

The Mimslyn's Champagne Brunch (Sunday) is well worth the trip from anywhere. The atmosphere is elegant (white table cloths, classic furniture, live piano music) and the food choices (prime rib, omlets made to order, breakfast and lunch dishes and desserts) are both abundant and delicious.
Served every Sunday morning...one Sunday each month is a seafood brunch. Reservations suggested.

1  Thank deavers
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We had breakfast at the 31. It was very enjoyable especially if you like wonderful restored restaurants. Prices were very reasonable and the staff was very attentive. Something worth doing again. Enjoy!