“Terrible service” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Island Fever Diving and Adventures

Island Fever Diving and Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: A dive, bike and hike company.
Sitka, Alaska
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Terrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2011

I purchased a nice and fairly expensive mtn bike at the start of the summer. When I finally got it from them 2 weeks after they said it would be ready it was not properly assembled (low tire pressure, things not tightened, etc). I took it back to them a month and a half later for the free maintenance session I was promised when I purchase and I haven't seen it since....and that was 5 weeks ago. I've been calling them for 2 week just to find out when they're open for me to get the bike back regardless of if they've worked on it and I can't even get a call back.

Visited August 2011
7 Thank David R

Sitka, Alaska
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Refused a refund for a service not provided”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2010

My Dad was coming to town to visit so we scheduled a drysuit class with Island Fever, the only dive shop in town. He is respected instructor back home and certified me so it is something we share and it holds a lot of meaning to us. I scheduled a class and pre-purchased the books and materials as required, but the class was cancelled and we did not get to dive together in Sitka. The reason I was told it was cancelled was because their dry-suits were damaged. The owners said I could reschedule a class so I held on to the materials until the next class date. Then that class was cancelled too. The reason for that cancellation was because they were too busy. So, I went to return the materials but was refused a refund and was offered a store credit. I had a very drawn out and frustrating debate with the store owners over the issue, but I was not going to take store credit just because "it was their policy."

5 Thank runswimridefly
Totnes, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Get close to nature, without the risks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2009

We joined a trip through our cruise ship, MV Mercury, in May '09 and after being tendered ashore were picked up from the harbour by our guide, who also runs the 'bike and hike' side of Island fever. She took us to the bike centre which is situated several miles outside town (and in a building that also contains a chocolate factory!) and kitted us out with all the gear required for our trip, helmets, rain jackets etc. Next we got our bikes, nice Trek Navigators, easy to ride. A couple of miles easy riding along the Pacific coastline brought us to the trailhead, so we locked the bikes and hike off into the woods. Michelle and her guides are a knowledgable crew and you will learn lots of interesing facts about the area. On the way back, you may be lucky enough to be given a bar of the local chocolate as a snack .
We took the easiest trip available and it is suitable for all abilities and ages.

1 Thank TommoPaignton