“Best burgers”

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best burgers”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Great food and service. Great Alaska brews. Comfortable seating. Nothing to dislike. Even tho it is upstairs, there is an elevator.

Visited June 2014

Phoenix, Arizona
“Hands down the worst restaurant experience ever!”
Reviewed 26 May 2011

Apparently this restaurant is now called BAYVIEW, I checked by the address.
I don't ever take the time to write bad reveiws unless something made an impression on me so much I feel I have to. We had a wonderful kayaking tour in Sitka. When we finished we were famished. I ALWAYS research reviews and had written down "Larkspur Cafe" as a good place to eat. We were short on time however and our guide pointed out a restaurant right across the street. We only had an hour to allow us time to see the Raptor Center before having to be back on the ship and the restaurant is upstairs and has a great view so we thought why not. It was pretty busy but we managed to find a table in the corner. The table was still dirty but we wiped it off ourselves and waited for a server. And waited. And waited. We saw a table come in after us and sat in the front and I noticed they were being waited on so I went to the counter and asked a server if they could come over. I went back to the table and waited, and waited. Nothing. I was getting worried about our time factor so I went to the bartender, picked up some menus and asked if he could send a server over. Nothing. At this point we had waited 20 minutes with no acknowlegment whatsoever. I then went back up to the counter and explained that we had not been waited on. Finally a server came over. She was frazzled and completely unfriendly, bordering on rude. She took our drink order and took off. 10 minutes later our drinks still hadn't arrived so I went back to the bartender and asked for our drinks. She then came by the table with drinks and said "Oh, I thought someone else brought them". No sorry or anything. She took our order and left. It took so long to get the food that I had time to visit all the stores in the building while waiting. Our beers were empty by the time the food arrived. She placed the food down and took off without offering us additional drinks. We were now very rushed as it had been 1 hour since we first arrived in the restaurant. It was then we noticed that 2 of the 4 plates that arrived were not the right order although similar. At this point we were so frustrated and rushed that we just decided to eat them anyway, not feeling too confident about getting her attention again. The food looked good but was extremely greasy and tasteless. I needed ketchup and had to go to, yep, the bartender to get it. We only had a few minutes to eat at this point and when we tasted the food we just decided to ask for the check. A bill of $75 dollars arrived after I asked, yep, the bartender. There was of course, no "How was your meal, or Sorry about the wait" ...she just simply took off again. I was appalled at the cost and didn't think we should pay it because of our experience but the Raptor center was closing soon and we couldn't even find a manager to negotiate with! Sadly, we paid it, left the food there and left. On the way out, noticing our frustration, the table next to us mentioned that they had waited 45 minutes for a bowl of soup. What was supposed to be a "quick bite" turned into an hour and a half. Because of it we only got to visit the Raptor Center for 1/2 hour. This place was the biggest waste of money and time I have ever experienced. We all left extremely frustrated, angry and still hungry. I don't know who is running this place but their staff needs some serious hospitality and efficiency training! This was a truly horrible experience and left a black mark on our otherwise beautiful time in Sitka. Take the time to find another place to eat and check reviews! I won't make that mistake again.

• Visited May 2011
11 Thank BLBTraveler
Midwest
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Locals and tourists are a good sign”
Reviewed 11 September 2009

We just happened to stop because of the discount from the store below and my mom not wanting to walk very far. We were in for a real treat. Our appetizers were fresh and well seasoned. My halibut was tender, spiced right, and had a wonder panko spicy crunch. The fries were hand cut. The portions were great size. People also seemed to be enjoying the soup and salads just as much with beers or soda. I'm from Chicago and never expected to have such a tasty and homey meal with great service. And yes ladies, there was a handsome Norseman making sure everyone was pleased with their meals and had everything they needed. It really seems like the kind of place that always combines good meals and great service. They are located right off the piers in the first little shopping area. They also have an elevator if stairs are a problem. I'm only sad I probably won't get to the 49th state for a very long time again.