Overall, I really enjoy this hotel. It's very clean and quiet, the staff are friendly and the beds are comfortable. They have free wi-fi (very much appreciated), all the good TV channels, and a nice spread of food choices for breakfast. I have stayed here a couple of times for business and the location is fine since I have a vehicle, but if you're looking to stay within walking distance of downtown then this wouldn't be a good choice for you - it's definitely out of the way.
A few suggestions that would make the stay more comfortable:
1. Solid (or better yet, blackout) curtains. The curtains currently in the rooms are very sheer. Which means waking up at 4am in the summer when the sun comes up. If you're going to stay here in the summer, make sure you bring an eye mask because the room gets very bright very early in the morning
2. An ironing board and iron in the room would be helpful
3. Hangars. There are no closets in the rooms, just hooks on the wall. It would be helpful to have hangars that we could use to hang on the hooks, instead of having to hang our clothes on hooks
4. A different bedside lamp. The current lamps are tiny and have black shades, so the lamps give off hardly any light. I end up having to remove the lampshade in order to have enough light to read by
5. A full length mirror would be helpful, especially to those of us traveling for business who need to make sure they look professional (which is why an iron, ironing board, and hangars would be useful as well)
Overall I very much like this hotel. If the owners took my above suggestions to heart and changed a few small things it would be a nearly perfect hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New! Quiet, comfortable, affordable. Two queen beds in every room. Free WIFI, cable and local phone in lobby. Perfect for business travel, family, and for those who love a quiet place to stay. The Beach is right across the street, close to Verstovia Mountain,and its hiking trail. Recently under new Management!!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Sitka's Eagle Bay Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sitka's Eagle Bay Inn Alaska