“good food”

The Larkspur Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Ate here for lunch (it is open for lunch and dinner) and the next day for a late cake and coffee snack. It is a casual, relaxed place to grab a bite to eat.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Had heard from a local that this is a good place. Our party of 3 was there on 5/30/14 @ 2:00 for lunch after hiking all morning and we were hungry.
They were out of most of the wines that were listed and THEY WERE OUT OF FISH, in Sitka, Alaska! Really???
Wanted the spicy rockfish tacos, instead settled for the Cubano sandwich, which was good.
But still, very disappointed.
The service was slow & non-attentive as well. The restaurant was mostly full, but not really busy. The service was a bit too relaxed for me as the waitress visited quite a bit w/friends.
A positive point, there was a Bob Dylan CD playing while we were there.

3  Thank deafbabydane
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I love this place. Great coffee, good food, free wifi, nice deck. Great little spot to go for a break, lunch, etc.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Good lunch, good beer, good bunch and all within the confines of KCAW - Raven Radio in the old RCA Alascom building. In the town that I learned how to play crib in back in the 70's, I taught my wife how to play while enjoying a Silver Bay IPA from Baranof Brewing at the Larkspur Cafe. So, in my wife's first game of crib????...... she DOUBLE SKUNKED me!!!! I guess I'm a pretty good crib instructor.
If your going to be spending any time in Sitka, make sure you have a lunch at the Larkspur and check out the friendly folk behind the mic at KCAW too!

1  Thank BarberistaMillerski
Reviewed 1 March 2014

This is a great little place just a bit away from the town centre, at the western end of Lincoln Street and almost at the water's edge. The O'Connell Bridge carrying the airport road is nearby. We went there on our first morning of a 2-day stay and enjoyed a very pleasant al fresco breakfast with some good espresso-style coffee. We enjoyed it so much that we went back next day for lunch. It's a friendly place, with some good home cooking too. If the weather is right, it's a peaceful spot to sit out and relax.